Cyber Security Incident Handling Specialist
CSAAt Client Solution Architects (CSA), our mission is to drive value by transforming how clients utilize people, technology, information and knowledge in unprecedented ways.
This is a telework opportunity.
- Monitors and responds to NETC Enterprise cyber security incidents as they occur and implements appropriate mitigations as needed based on established policy and guidance.
- Investigates Cyber Security Incidents to determine the root cause and support development or update of current mitigation plans.
- Provides timely reporting of NETC Enterprise cyber security incidents in accordance with current DoD and SECNAV policy to include a daily situation reports (SITREP).
- Provides on-site Information Assurance (IA) technical expertise in a broad array of areas, including IA and network security policy, Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Program (DIACAP) and Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Provides STA/TA support for Server Certificate Request and/or user credentials.
- Provides support to review implementation of mitigation strategies to determine status and to close the incident once the threat is addressed properly.
- Supports the performance of security testing and evaluation of applications against applicable security criteria using common tools, including ACAS (Assured Compliance Assessment Solution), SCAP (Security Content Automation Protocol) Compliance Checker, and DISA (Defense Information Systems Agency) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Assists programs with completing security documentation to meet assessment and authorization requirements.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Active U.S. Government Secret Clearance. Be able to pass a security investigation and meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Functional expertise with Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project.
- Working knowledge of SIEM solutions and incident management solutions
- In-depth knowledge of each phase of the Incident Response life cycle
- Experience with DoDAF standards and assessments of enterprise information security architecture, processes, procedures, activities, and operations
- Understanding of Enterprise Network Architectures to include routing/switching, common protocols (DHCP, DNS, HTTP, etc), and devices (Firewalls, Proxies, Load Balancers, VPN, etc)
- Experience with reviewing, comprehending and documenting findings from ACAS (Assured Compliance Assessment Solution) Reports.
- Experience with SCAP (Security Content Automation Protocol).
- Experience with performing cyber security risk assessments and identifying, verifying, and consolidating specific vulnerabilities, causes, analysis of alternatives and identification of appropriate corrective actions from each risk assessment conducted for on-site and cloud environments.
- Experience with evaluation of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to determine applicability to systems and assets.
- Secret clearance required.
- Navy Cyber Security Workforce (CSWF) baseline certification to include CompTIA Security+ is required at the task order level.
- IA Contractor Training and Certification and Computing Environment (CE) certification may be required at the task order level.
- BA or BS degree from an accredited institution in related field (e.g., Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Math, Business, Engineering, or Physical Science, etc.).
- IT project management experience supporting Navy or DoD network systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including drafting, reviewing, and editing technical graphs, briefs, or documents.
- Evidence of being detail oriented with strong critical thinking in areas of IT process analysis / process improvement.
- Possesses Good Team Skills having the ability to coordinate and work well with others.
Applicants may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; an active United States Department of Defense security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
CSA does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, CSA may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
WE BELIEVE great companies know who they are and what they stand for. CSA’s common purpose and core values were purposefully developed to create a culture focused on unlocking the full potential of our people—so they are inspired to solve our clients’ toughest challenges. It’s no secret, we owe the past 18 years of our success to our outstanding and ambitious team members. To support our hard working team, we offer an environment focused on learning and growth, an awesome benefits package, and opportunities to build a long and successful career. We are constantly on the hunt for talented, forward-thinking problem solvers with an energetic attitude and a strong work ethic to join our elite team of CSAers.
Be a part of CSA… do great things!
CSA is a Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable workplace accommodation for any part of our employment process, please send an email to email@example.com. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. Assistance is reserved for individuals who are requesting a reasonable workplace accommodation. It is not intended for other purposes or inquiries. We’re an equal opportunity employer that empowers our people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status or other protected characteristic.
Federal Equal Opportunity is the LawFederal Employee Rights under FMLAFederal Employee Polygraph Protection ActE-Verify Participation Poster (uscis.gov)If you are a California resident applying for a job, you consent to our California Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notification for current or previously cleared professionals:
Official U.S. Government information appearing in the public domain shall not automatically be considered UNCLASSIFIED or approved for public release. CSA recognizes that information contained in resumes of current or previously cleared professionals may be sensitive, contain potentially proprietary and/or protected information. Protected Information is considered classified, in the process of a classification determination, or unclassified, but protected by statute. Therefore, all resumes should be approved for public release by a U.S. Government Official with Original Classification Authority, prior to posting the resume to CSA’s applicant tracking system.By submitting my resume, I understand that I am NOT authorized to upload content with Official U.S. Government information that is considered, sensitive, proprietary, or protected.
Other jobs like this
Riot Games, Inc.
Manager, Security Engineering - Information Security, Security OperationsAWS Azure Forensics Go Google Cloud Incident response PowerShell Privacy Python Splunk +2
401(k) matching Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Medical leave +2
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs