Senior Cyber Threat Intel Analyst
XOR Security is actively seeking a Senior Cyber Threat Intel Analyst to enable our operational counterparts advanced analytics support to promote the rapid analysis of national level cyber threats and incidents. The ideal candidate will provide support to the DC3 24x7 cyber program in the areas of incident response, insider threat investigations, forensics, cyber threats, and information security.
The program is currently operating remotely but will be performed onsite in Linthicum, MD when directed to do so by the customer.
Position is contingent on successfully completing a program-based background investigation.
- A minimum Bachelor’s with 5+ years of experience, MS 3+ years of experience or PHD 0+ years of experience
- A strong understanding of incident response, insider threat investigations, forensics, cyber threats and information security.
- Experience in participating as a team member performing threat analyses based on knowledge on electronic warfare/intelligence systems and concept supporting intelligence analysis requirements for all-source cyber analysis and reporting.
- History of contributing to development of analytical threat models and provides functional guidance and direction to threat studies team in overall conduct of project(s).
- Ability to leverage scanning tools (i.e., VirusTotal) to conduct suspicious file scanning; performing queries, pivoting on indicators, and malware analysis on characteristics (Message-Digest Algorithm 5 (MD5), Secure Hash Algorithm 1 (SHA1), file size, file name, file paths, etc.).
- Supports team performing expert-level research and analysis of intelligence and related data support of threat studies.
- Provides advice, guidance and direction to threat studies team.
- Prepares, submits and presents reports and issue papers to customer representatives.
- Requires knowledge of advanced threat analysis technology in such areas as telecommunications, computer science, electronic warfare.
- Requires a detailed knowledge of Department of Defense and service level (Army, Navy, Air Force) intelligence communities, including collection methods and production resources and responsibilities. Requires skills and abilities in supervising the handling classified information.
- Requires strong knowledge of technology related to electronic warfare. Provides leadership, guidance, and direction to less-senior analysts.
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- Five or more years of experience in intelligence research and analysis.
- Desired (one or more from the following certifications):
- GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- CIAC Cyber Threat Intelligence (GCTI)
- GIAC Open-Source Intelligence (GOSI)
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED)
- GIAC Defensible Security Architecture (GDSA)
- GIAC Certified Detection Analyst (GCDA)
- GIAC Defending Advanced Threats (GDAT)
- GIAC Response and Industrial Defense (GRID)
- GIAC Certified Enterprise Vulnerability Assessor (GEVA)
- GIAC Certified Penetration Tester (GPEN)
- GIAC Certified Exploit Researcher and Advanced Penetration Tester (GXPN)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including paid health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation - Applicants must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP and AGENCY CLEARANCE REQUIRED.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs