Senior Cybersecurity Consultant
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
DatacomLeverage Datacom's information technology consultants to unlock opportunities for your organisation. Learn about Australasia's largest homegrown tech company.
Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
Our culture is built on people who love coming to work to solve problems, and we embrace those who lean into a problem rather than lean away. Using your cybersecurity expertise, you will join NZ’s largest cybersecurity services company as part of a dedicated team, proud of delivering top class advice and guidance to our customers.
About the Role
As a Cybersecurity Consultant you will be a member of our New Zealand Cybersecurity Advisory Practice located in Auckland and will work with the Citadel team to design and deploy a growing portfolio of service offerings based on Microsoft Security solutions.
You will work with new and existing customers to understand their business, their security requirements and help lead them to an outcome that delivers value and ensures their ongoing success.
We’re looking for passion, ambition, and a depth and breadth of core knowledge as well as the adaptability to ever changing market demands.
What you’ll do
- Lead delivery of service offerings to customers including design, deployment, and handover to operational teams
- Assist in the planning, development, and implementation of new cybersecurity service offerings to best practice
- Assist in the continuous improvement of existing cybersecurity service offerings
- Assist with presales, bids, and tender responses, and Statements of Work (SOW)
- Maintain industry knowledge of relevance to the Cybersecurity Advisory Practice
- Relationship development across the Advisory Practice, Security Operations Centre, Modern Workplace, Cloud Platform Services and other Datacom teams
- Knowledge sharing and mentoring of junior team members
What you’ll bring
- Knowledge to a high degree of Cybersecurity in a Professional Services Environment and be able to converse with a diverse range of customer and company staff and be a thought leader in their field
- Minimum of 5 years professional services experience in the delivery of security solutions to customers
- Design and implementation experience with a wide range of customers, technologies and architectures
- Experience with Microsoft Defender security suite and associated solutions including Defender for Endpoint, Defender for Office 365, Defender for Identity, Microsoft Cloud App Security, Azure Sentinel, Azure Security Center, Azure Defender, and Azure AD.
- Relevant Microsoft certifications include:
o Microsoft 365 Certified Security Administrator Associate (MS-500)
o Microsoft Certified Azure Security Engineer Associate (AZ-500)
- Industry recognised security certification such as those listed below would be advantageous:
o Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
o Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
Due to the nature of this particular role - You MUST be either a New Zealand Citizen/Resident/Relevant Work Visa and/or have the ability to clear additional security clearance (Five Years in Five Eyes). While we can only consider those who meet these requirements for this role we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers page for any other roles of interest.
The Finer Details
We have over 6,200 people across our global offices, and generate an annual revenue of over $1.2 billion, this makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, providing IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes a long list of significant clients Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.
If you are keen to be part of a great team, please apply online! All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Datacom is committed to the health and safety of its people and the wider community. Based on our site access requirements for this role, and/or potential customer site and customer’s vaccination requirements which are constantly developing, the successful applicant will need to be able produce evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or a valid exemption. Datacom will consider whether any accommodations can be made for candidates who are partially vaccinated (with remaining vaccine doses booked), or who are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and hold a valid exemption.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs