Principal Data Center Infrastructure Security Engineer
Remote - US
TwilioConnect with customers on their preferred channels—anywhere in the world. Quickly integrate powerful communication APIs to start building solutions for SMS and WhatsApp messaging, voice, video, and email.
Join the team as our next Principal Infrastructure Security EngineerWho we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.About the job
As a Principal Infrastructure Security Engineer, you will partner with R&D and Trust & Security to build and protect data center and cloud assets. This involves maturing how assets are tracked, owned, and managed in a scalable approach while continuously working with our automation team to scale security, and innovating new ways to help R&D resources secure themselves.Responsibilities
In this role, you’ll be:
- A builder: We do more than just consult, we aren’t afraid to get our hands dirty and write code to solve hard security problems. We work collaboratively with our engineering partners to jointly define and implement a multi-year roadmap.
- An owner: Collaborative, open and decisive prioritization based on risk or business priority while bringing your own perspective on a long-term roadmap on how to best manage and secure Twilio infrastructure.
- Curious: Prioritize progress over precision in establishing your own impact, while continually asking questions that will allow you to contribute to the best organizational outcome possible.
- A positron: Establish and lean on strong partnership and collaboration, by empowering others to be the best version of themselves to collaboratively tackle tough and daring infrastructure security projects.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Top notch interpersonal and communication skills, you’re going to have to get a lot of buy-in from diverse partners and be able to actively incorporate their feedback
- Provide hands-on security technical leadership on architecture, design, and implementation on data center hosted infrastructure across multiple time zones and countries
- Apply customer empathy to design and implement technical specifications that align security requirements while considering internal customers’ technical and business requirements
- Ability to win the hearts and minds of engineers to adopt security standard methodologies and still hold teams accountable, including strong asset management and vulnerability management hygiene
- Thorough understanding of risk management concepts and ability to translate risk to pragmatic management strategies
- Proven history of developing and scaling infrastructure security programs. Building and completing multi year roadmaps that are developed closely with internal engineering partners and leadership.
- Partner closely with other security teams including Product Security, Cloud Security, Incident Response, and GRC
- History of shipping production level code to automate security
- Deep background and experience in at least one of: Networking, IAM, Storage, Compute
- Ability to go deep into unfamiliar areas as necessary to solve the problem at hand
- Experience with multiple technical security domains such as Networking, Cryptography, AppSec, Pentesting, Compliance
- Provide technical mentorship to other Trust & Security teammates
- Ability to tell your story with data. Comfortable with querying data warehouses and other data repositories to pull and leverage security metrics
- Experience creating and evolving security standards and policies
This role will be remote, and based in the USA.
Approximately 10-15% travel is anticipated.What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $176,080 - $220,100
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Other jobs like this
Blockchain Security Engineer Intern (Rust/Golang)APT Auditing Blockchain Forensics Go Golang Intrusion detection Malware Penetration testing PhD +4
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +3
Senior Infrastructure Security EngineerAudits Automation AWS Cryptography EDR Incident response Kubernetes PCI Privacy Vulnerabilities
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care
Arctic Wolf Networks
Senior Developer - Managed Detection & ResponseAgile Analytics AWS Azure Big Data C DevOps EDR GCP Go +14
Career development Equity Parental leave
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs