Enterprise Security Engineer
U.S. - REMOTE
Menlo Security's mission is enabling the world to connect, communicate and collaborate securely without compromise. COVID-19 has made our mission all the more real. We support customers across various enterprises including Fortune 500 companies, 9/10 of the largest global banks and the Department of Defense.
The world has fundamentally changed. We are growing from 400 employees into the next phase of our journey, and we need passionate talent filled with empathy and agility. The right candidate for the job is ethical, hyper-organized, fanatical about seeing things through to completion, service-oriented, and humble enough to take feedback and coaching yet confident enough to provide feedback and coaching.
Menlo is well-funded for growth and our investors are second to none. They include Vista Equity Partners (“Vista”), General Catalyst, JPMC, American Express, HSBC, and Ericsson Ventures.
About the Role
We are seeking an Enterprise Security Engineer to join our team!
Security Engineers are the first line of defense against malicious actors in the IT industry. They screen their company’s critical IT infrastructure for weaknesses and create robust countermeasures to prevent future incidents. Security Engineers also train employees on security best practices and advice management on investments to safeguard the company’s computer and network systems.
- Develop, execute and track the performance of security measures to protect information and network infrastructure and computer systems.
- Design computer security strategy and engineer comprehensive cybersecurity architecture.
- Identify, define and document system security requirements and recommend solutions to management.
- Configure, troubleshoot and maintain security infrastructure software and hardware.
- Install software that monitors systems and networks for security breaches and intrusions.
- Monitor systems for irregular behavior and set up preventive measures.
- Plan, develop, implement and update the company's information security strategy.
- Educate and train staff on information system security best practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to grow inside the platform and organization
- 3-5 years of professional work experience in the cybersecurity industry
- Strong analytical skills to define risk, identify potential threats, and develop and document action/mitigation plan
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to mentor/train staff and bring awareness to current and emerging threats
- Ability to work efficiently and self-motivate with little to no supervision
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with an ability to present technical risks and issues to technical and non-technical audiences internal and external to the organization
- Certifications are preferred but not required
- Regulatory experience is preferred but not required (GDPR, ISO27K, SSAE16, FISMA, etc.)
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related discipline or equivalent experience, or over 5 years’ experience
Our culture is collaborative, inclusive, and fun! We have five core values: Stay Aligned, Get It Done, Customer Empathy, Think Creatively and Help Each Other Out. We believe in open communication, supporting new ideas, and sharing a mutual mindset of what we’re aiming to achieve together. There are tremendous opportunities to take initiative, implement new ideas, and have a hand in building a legacy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
TO ALL AGENCIES: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Menlo Security outside of the Talent organization. Menlo Security’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via Greenhouse (ATS). Agencies must have a valid services agreement executed and must have been assigned by the Talent team to a specific requisition. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Menlo Security. In the event a candidate submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment will be paid.
Other jobs like this
Blockchain Security Engineer Intern (Rust/Golang)APT Auditing Blockchain Forensics Go Golang Intrusion detection Malware Penetration testing PhD +4
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +3
Senior Infrastructure Security EngineerAudits Automation AWS Cryptography EDR Incident response Kubernetes PCI Privacy Vulnerabilities
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care
Arctic Wolf Networks
Senior Developer - Managed Detection & ResponseAgile Analytics AWS Azure Big Data C DevOps EDR GCP Go +14
Career development Equity Parental leave
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs