Senior Manager, Security Operations
San Francisco, CA
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,600 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Samsara is looking for a Senior Manager, Security Operations to lead and grow our global Security Operations team with a focus on enabling secure enterprise and cloud infrastructure.
Working within the Information Security organization, you will be responsible for driving process refinement and implementation, leading a diverse team of analysts and engineers, and collaborating closely with key stakeholders on security initiatives across the company.
You take Security seriously and strive to build low-friction solutions developed in close partnership with others. Above all, your focus is on bringing Security expertise to the table in a collaborative, humble, and practical manner.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the Security Operations organization, including Samsara’s Cyber Incident Response Team.
- Stay abreast of the latest security risks and disclosures and ensure Samsara infrastructure is sufficiently protected.
- Develop common incident response procedures and advise leadership on critical capabilities needed in order to maintain a best-in-class security incident response organization.
- Lead incident response preparedness efforts, including disaster recovery planning, tabletop exercises, and coordination with the various leaders across the organization.
- Drive automation and self-service capabilities that enable the organization with secure frameworks, blueprints, and patterns.
- Partner across the organization to drive remediation of security deficiencies and ensure ongoing alignment with our compliance objectives.
- Deliver security guidance clearly and concisely for cloud and enterprise infrastructure initiatives.
- Collaborate with security leadership to define strategy, roadmap, OKRs, priorities, and key metrics for the global Security Operations team.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Significant (10+ years) experience working in security operations and incident response within the technology sector.
- 5+ years of experience managing security engineers and analysts.
- Motivation and ability to grow talent by providing a proper mentorship and performance management environment while prioritizing empathy.
- Practical experience acting as a lead during security incident response, including triage, coordinating across several teams, and providing stakeholder communication.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Specific experience with deploying SIEM toolsets and building infrastructure to support large-scale threat detection efforts.
- Experience working with both physical devices and cloud infrastructure.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.
Other jobs like this
Principal/Staff Software Security EngineerAgile Ansible Automation Banking Blockchain C Crypto Cryptography Encryption Golang +7
Competitive pay Equity Flex vacation Gear Parental leave +1
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs