Head of IT & InfoSec
Remote - London, England, United Kingdom
Who we are, what we do & why we do it
We are a leading fintech SaaS product. Our suite of tools makes accountants more productive, profitable and powerful. In doing so we give them back the most precious commodity, time, which they can then use to add greater value to their clients.
Accountants and bookkeepers are the backbone of every successful business. For more than a decade we’ve empowered our partners with innovative technology solutions to make businesses better. Dext allows them to meet the challenges they face today, tomorrow and in the future.
At Dext, we rely on our IT systems to power the solutions that help consumers around the world and we need to ensure the security of our Data. We’re seeking an experienced IT manager that has InfoSec experience who can join us on this journey, using their technological skills to make us more efficient and safe.
The role (what you’ll do)
- Analyse department needs, identify vulnerabilities, and boost productivity, efficiency and accuracy to inform business decisions across multiple geographies.
- Oversee and manage delivery of ISO audit
- Maturing the internal Security Structure, mitigating risks within it
- Ensure network components meet needs and work together seamlessly, using the full range of capabilities, and stay informed about new features and competitive solutions
- Prepare cost benefits analysis reports when upgrades are necessary, continuously analysing vendors to ensure they offer the best possible service and value for company needs
- Train employees on both software and hardware, troubleshoot, and provide technical support when needed
- Have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our IT operations and helpdesk, and an ongoing impact on our overall growth.
- Develop and execute disaster procedures, and maintain data backups
About you (what we are looking for):
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or computer science
- 5+ years experience in IT management
- Information security qualification: CISSP, CISM or CISA
- Significant experience in an information security role in a complex organization
- Experience with operating systems (incl. Windows, Mac, G-suite, Slack, Zoom, Office 365), current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring
- Expertise with implementing, configuring, and testing solutions
These are our ideal requirements, but we hire on potential, not just on experience, and we know that some people are less likely to apply for a role if they don’t meet 100% of the criteria. At Dext we are committed to cultivating a diverse, inclusive and empowering culture, so please apply if you meet the majority of these competencies.
You can read more about our Diversity & Inclusion commitments here.
What you will be a part of:
We are a highly ambitious, innovative, market-leading FinTech. We are a global, well-funded business but have the dexterity and pace of a scale-up. We are uncompromising in our desire to achieve our best, day-in day-out, and we have three clear values which guide everything we do:
Be Brave - Everyone in the company has a voice to challenge ideas and the status quo.
Be Exceptional - We set high standards for ourselves. We aim to be exceptional at what we do.
Be Together - We are one team. There is no such thing as individual success without team success.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- 25 days off plus bank holidays volunteering days, summer hours and a day off the week of your birthday
- Employer-paid private medical insurance and health cash plan (Medicash - reloadable shopping cards, cinema ticket discounts, online discount and more!)
- Access to the Learnably platform where you can spend your annual L&D allowance - https://www.learnerbly.com/
- Gym discount: as an employee of Dext UK, you will have access to all ClassPass memberships at a discounted rate - https://classpass.com/search
- Income protection
- Mental health support through Help@Hand
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs