Sr Security Engineer, Vulnerability Management, Vulnerability Management
New York, New York, USA
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
Amazon is seeking qualified Security Engineers to join our innovative, high energy Information Security team and work within the Vulnerability Management - Assessment and Intake team. Security Engineers respond to security events, conduct assessment of public and internal vulnerability disclosures. Provide severity guidance and set appropriate velocity for security campaigns. They work hands-on with detection systems and vulnerability analysis tools to respond to potential threats to Amazon systems. Assessment Security Engineers are unique individuals prepared to relentlessly resolve security issues by gathering and analyzing event data and conducting root-cause analysis.With your technical expertise, you will be solving security challenges at scale, working to protect the applications powering the most sophisticated e-commerce platform ever built. We value broad and deep technical knowledge, specifically in the fields of 3P software, AWS technologies, malware analysis, network security, application security, cryptography, and security intelligence.
- Responding to security disclousures, and coordinating a cohesive response involving multiple teams across Amazon.
- Providing security engineering solutions and support during customer-facing incidents, proactively considering the prevention of similar incidents from occurring in the future.
- Drive clarity and assess severity ratings for security campaigns.
- Identifying and recommending solutions that improve or expand team's intake responsibilities drive operational efficiency.
- Working alongside and mentoring Information Security engineers to improve security, reduce and quickly address risk.
- Evaluating the impact of current security trends, advisories, publications, and academic research to Amazon, coordinating response as necessary across affected teams.
- Keeping your knowledge and skills current with the rapidly changing threat landscape.
- Participating in a on-call rotation.
Key job responsibilities
The individual will intake and assess all security issues. Develop/updating onboarding guidance, technical runbooks. Demonstrate absolute ownership on assessment functions of the team. Perform the job functions as a technical leader with hands-on work ethics. Handle conflicts in business/campaign priorities. Insist on high standards
BS in Computer Science, Information Security, or equivalent professional experience.
· 8+ years of demonstrated experience in areas such as incident response, systems security, network, and/or application security.
· Understanding of best practices in security engineering, including secure development, cryptography, network security, security operations, systems security, policy, and incident response.
· Technical depth in one or more specialties including: application security, infrastructure security, digital forensics, malware analysis, or some combination thereof.
· Understanding of security vulnerabilities, attacker exploit techniques, and methods for their remediation.
· The capacity and tolerance for context switching and interruptions while remaining productive and providing effective, safe guidance.
· Experience with common security monitoring, log analysis and forensic tools.
· Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy.
· Scripting skills (E.g: Python, Perl, Bash, PowerShell, etc.)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt messaging to executive, technical, and non-technical audiences.
Preferred QualificationsExperience triaging and developing security alerts and response automation, conducting front-line analysis, and providing escalation support.
· 10+ years of information security experience.
· Relevant industry certifications from SANS, ISC2, etc.
· Strong demonstrated knowledge of Unix tools and architecture.
· Familiarity/experience with AWS services and security concepts.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Other jobs like this
Senior Azure Cloud Security EngineerAnsible Automation AWS Azure CircleCI DevOps Docker Encryption GCP Incident response +9
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +6
Product Security Engineer - Top Secret ClearanceC Clearance Exploit Golang Product security Python Security Clearance TCP/IP Top Secret Top Secret Clearance +1
Staff Cloud Security Engineer (Remote- North America)Automation AWS Azure CEH CISA Cloudflare FedRAMP GCP ISO 27001 Kubernetes +2
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Parental leave +3
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs