Senior Cloud Security Engineer - 100% Remote, Argentina Only
100% Remote (Argentina)
Form3Form3 provide an enterprise-grade payment technology platform on the cloud, built using microservices. The platform was designed, from inception to be highly scalable, adaptable and resilient. We adopt a ‘build to run’ development approach with...
The team is comprised of our Defensive and Offensive Engineering teams alongside our Information Security Officers, whilst our CISO leads the operation. Our security team interact with the product and platform engineering teams across the company to promote best practices and awareness. They’re continually baking security into our culture, utilising new technologies and open-source tools to ensure high standards of security are maintained.
We are expanding the Security Engineering team extensively, meaning that there are many skill-sets and experiences required. Your place within the team will depend on your individual strengths and interests, to give you an idea of some of the areas that of expertise we are looking for, here are some of the key projects/ workloads our team take on:
- Creating a Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SSDLC)
- Securing our cloud-native (AWS, GCP and Azure) distributed system architecture
- Creating security tools and implementing them to enhance our specific security landscape
- Advocating the DevSecOps mindset that we have created across our engineering teams
- Infrastructure: AWS, GCP, Azure, Kubernetes (this will increase as we go cloud-agnostic)
- Platform: CockroachDB, EKS, GKE, PostgresDB, Vault, Consul, Linkerd, Cilium, NATS
- Tools: Terraform, Github, Flux, Prometheus, Pact.io, TFSec, Travis CI
- Code: Go, (a little Java), CQRS, Open-Source, Python (Security tools)
- Ways of working: DevSecOps, GitOps, TDD/BDD, Pair Programming, 100% Remote
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU AND WHY
- Experience in securing SDLCs, conducting SAST and DAST testing, threat modelling, code analysis and incident management. Our engineering teams are constantly developing new products that are added to our singular API gateway so the CI/CD pipeline must be secure by design.
- Ability to create, deliver and enhance security of cloud-native distributed systems (we use AWS and GCP at present with Terraform as our Iac tool), following the best practices and implementing security controls post assessment. We are also looking to become cloud-agnostic meaning there will be opportunity for you to showcase your abilities across other cloud platforms.
- Strong programming skills, we are flexible on languages, we use Go as our main language for production so a willingness or interest to learn Go is fundamental. In security we write our own scripts for automation in Python, Go and other languages while contributing to open-source tools so we can utilise them.
- Familiarity with containerisation and microservices architecture security concepts is also crucial to being successful in this role.
- Willingness to be part of the on-call rota.
DESIRABLES AND YOUR SPECIALISMS
- 3+ Years of expertise in Kubernetes, securing clusters and meshes (Cilium is preferable), networking best practices and RBAC implementation (CKA, CKS qualifications are a plus)
- Experience in hardening Linux OSs
- +3 Years of container security knowledge including container image provenance (Sigstore and Notary as examples) with an in-depth knowledge of container runtimes/ Docker and the security controls and best practice that surround microservice architectures
- Involvement in DevSecOps operations within Agile environments on to CI/CD pipelines (Travis CI and Flux are our tools) with the ability to choose the right tool to fit purpose
- Hands on work within agile DevOps environments that follow the DevSecOps best practices, where you expressed the ability to choose the right tool to fit purpose
- CI/CD pipeline (Travis CI and Flux are our tools) security management
- Hands on experience taking your company through any of the following ISO27001, ISAE3000, SOC2/1, GDPR, PCI-DSS
- Previous experience in developing security road maps and architectures alongside Security Architects in cloud-native or hybrid-infrastructures including network security (AWS solutions architect or GCP professional cloud architect are a plus)
- Previous experience in network security, preferably in hybrid infrastructure based environments, you will have managed, switches, network segmentation, ports and firewalls across the entire OSI model.
- Keen interest in new and emerging threats, vulnerabilities and adversary advancements coupled with the ability to present these to the wider team
- Active contributor to open-source projects and passion for developing internal tools (our engineers were some of the main contributors for TFSec)
- Additional Qualifications (nice to have but not necessary): OSCP, CASE, CCSP, AWS Security Specialist or GCP Professional Cloud Security Engineer
- 30 Days annual leave PLUS Bank Holidays
- Remote-First environment
- Remote working equipment allowance
- Health and wellness allowance
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Training Tools such as Udemy and Certification reimbursements
- Hack-the-box Thursdays!
- Full details are available on our careers page
Form3 appreciates that we all lead different and often really busy lives. We work remotely 100% of the time and many of us work part time. If you’re interested in hearing what different flexible working arrangements may be available, we’d love to chat.
We are an award-winning cloud-native payment technology provider for financially regulated institutions. Launched in 2016, we've doubled in size year on year as we continue to redefine what a truly instant payment experience means.
We celebrate diversity, promote entrepreneurialism and are committed to giving everyone a say in shaping our business. Here you will grow as a person and accomplish incredible things. A career at Form3 is empowering, inspiring and fun. Join us and help shape the future of payments.
At Form3 we embrace equal opportunity and are committed to building a diverse team of exceptional individuals. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status and it is our strong belief that the more inclusive we are as a business, the better our work will be.
Other jobs like this
Security Engineer - Identity & Access Management (Remote-LatAm)Agile Analytics Ansible Automation AWS Bash Blue team Monitoring NIST OWASP +3
Competitive pay Equity Flex vacation Gear Salary bonus +3
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs