Application Security Engineer
Charlotte, NC, United States
LendingTreeLendingTree helps you get the best deal possible on your loans. By giving consumers multiple offers from several lenders, we make comparison shopping easy.
LendingTree is seeking an Application Security Engineer to join our security team. You will be responsible for helping to secure custom-built applications and working in partnership with engineering teams. This position requires a strong understanding of enterprise software development and CI/CD deployment systems/methodologies and will also perform cyber-incident response/investigation activities as required. Highly visible position within the organization, requiring frequent interactions with various internal and external stakeholders. Must possess strong written/verbal communication skills and the ability to condense highly technical concepts for consumption by a non-technical audience. Preferred candidates will be “out of the box” thinkers with an insatiable desire to solve complex problems.
- Must be local to Charlotte, NC or willing to relocate and able to work onsite on hybrid schedule
- Collaborate with internal and external security teams to ensure proper security testing
- Work closely with development and infrastructure teams to understand security findings
- Manage secure-coding training program to ensure developer compliance
- Provide security guidance on a constant stream of new products and technologies
- Drive internal security and privacy initiatives
- Analyze, assess, and respond to various threats, escalating as necessary
- Conduct regular application security and architectural reviews
- Assist with third party audits and compliance reviews
- Assist with cyber-incident response and digital forensics activities as needed
Skills and Experience:
- Strong understanding of enterprise software development and CI/CD deployment systems and methodologies
- Understanding of core information security principles and goals
- Knowledge of application security best practices
- Basic experience with web application penetration testing using tools such as Burp Suite Pro, OWASP ZAP, etc.
- Demonstrated programming knowledge with languages such as Python, PowerShell, Bash, Go, Node, C#
- DevOps pipeline experience related to the automation of application testing, delivery, and infrastructure as code
- Familiarity with various application and code scanning technologies - SAST, DAST, RASP
- Strong security aptitude and an ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and collaboration skills
- A proven ability to communicate effectively and regularly with internal and external stakeholders relating to incidents, problems, changes, and maintenance
- 2+ year experience working in an Cloud environment
- Security certifications preferred but not required (CISSP, OSCP, OSWE, GWAPT, etc)
- Preferred candidates will have a basic understanding of cyber-incident response, digital forensics, and log collection/analysis methodologies
- B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science or related field
LendingTree is the nation’s largest online lending marketplace. That means we connect customers with multiple lenders, so they find the best deals on loans, credit cards, savings accounts and insurance. Our goal is to help people save money, and we believe the best way to do that is by giving them a way to shop for loans and compare lenders, so they make their best financial choices.
Our CEO Doug Lebda founded the company in 1996 after a frustrating house-hunting experience. In those days, we mostly helped people find good mortgage deals. Now, we help consumers find their best in personal loans, auto loans, business loans, student loans, credit cards, savings accounts, home equity loans and more.
What else you should know:
- We’re a publicly traded company (TREE).
- We’ve welcomed several other companies into the LendingTree family to augment our efforts at helping borrowers make their most sensible financial choices.
- We’ve built a LendingTree app and LendingTree dashboard to give consumers tools to lead and supervise their financial health.
- We still make funny commercials.
We’re a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial bend. We work hard and test our products often. We’re collaborative, ambitious, candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest, most talented people you’ll ever work with. We care more about your smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear (but please, do wear clothes to work!), and we’re pretty good about rewarding innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done (we even have an award for employees called the GSD, “Get Stuff Done”).
Come work with us!
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.
Other jobs like this
Senior Azure Cloud Security EngineerAnsible Automation AWS Azure CircleCI DevOps Docker Encryption GCP Incident response +9
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +6
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs