Senior Cloud Security Engineer
United States, Los Angeles, CA
PlayStation GlobalErkunde die neue Generation von PlayStation 4- und PS5-Konsolen – erlebe immersives Gaming mit Tausenden Spiele-Hits aus allen Genres, die die Regeln für das, was eine PlayStation-Konsole kann, neu schreiben.
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Do you want to help bring PlayStation technology to a worldwide audience? Are you passionate about securing infrastructure that constantly pushes the boundary of the gaming industry? Are you ready to work with innovative technology, forward-thinking engineers, and a passionate security team? If so, join us!
The Senior Cloud Security Engineer position is a hands-on engineering role for someone who loves working in multi-disciplined teams and with other sharp engineers in a fast-paced and fun environment.
- Work with software engineers to address security risks and provide mitigation recommendations within the PlayStation Network cloud infrastructure
- Select or design/build/implement new tools for improving platform availability using automated protection mechanisms
- Continuously validate security controls to ensure alignment with PlayStation security standards
- Develop and enforce cloud security standards in AWS including IAM policies, security groups, S3 bucket policies, etc.
- Assist in developing an automated framework for security tool deployment, using AWS services, scripting languages, and open source/commercial solutions
- Keep abreast of AWS new security features, advisories, alerts, trends, and practices
- Understand business requirements and apply security without adversely affecting the desired functionality
- Possess high level of personal integrity, with the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and reflect appropriate level of judgment as it pertains to security
- Act as an ambassador for all things security and be proactive within security communities
- Solid grounding in information security principles
- 6+ years previous experience in an information security engineering role
- 2+ years experience working within AWS and directly utilizing native AWS services
- 2+ years experience working with CICD and DevOps (e.g., GitHub, Jenkins)
- 2+ years experience in Unix operating systems (e.g., Linux)
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies, and methods
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills including the ability to articulate to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven scripting skills in one or more languages such as Go, Python and Perl, etc.
- Experience with securing host, database, and application solutions for multi-tier hosting environments
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with Hashicorp technologies such as Consul, Vault, and Terraform
- Experience operating in regulated environments such as PCI
- Knowledge of automated attack tools and developing mitigation techniques
- Technical certifications or other demonstrations of passion in security and technology (e.g., CISSP, AWS Associate, open source projects, or equivalent)
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Other jobs like this
Senior Azure Cloud Security EngineerAnsible Automation AWS Azure CircleCI DevOps Docker Encryption GCP Incident response +9
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +6
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs