Sr. Security Analyst, Incident Response
CohesityEliminate mass data fragmentation with Cohesity's next-gen data management. Begin with backup, gain instant recovery. Learn more today.
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations manage their data to unlock limitless value. We make it easy to back up, manage and derive value from data while protecting data against ransomware attacks. At Cohesity, we’re encouraged to think big and we take on dynamic goals that require innovative thinkers. Obsession with our customers keeps us humble and drives us to keep learning.
As a member of the Cohesity Incident Management Team, you will be responsible for owning the response to high impacting incidents. In this role, you'll be the incident commander responsible for managing high severity incidents from initial triage through after-action review. This is a senior role requiring an individual who can take charge in high-stress situations and drive resolution of incidents. This position requires proven knowledge of incident management frameworks, a demonstrable understanding of distributed systems environments, and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively to technical and business audiences.
- Work cross departmentally to develop plans to address active incidents
- Develop an incident management framework and engage key players to educate and train them on the execution of the framework to resolve active incidents
- Take command of incidents by managing a cross-functional technical bridge call that could include multiple internal departments, executive leadership and customers
- Work with the detection and monitoring team to develop process for triaging notable events and identifying and prioritizing potential incidents
- Host post incident review meetings that focus on root cause analysis and transition findings to control owners / Risk Management as appropriate
- Perform tier three analysis conducting host forensics, network forensics, log analysis, and malware triage and working knowledge of relevant tooling in support of incident response investigations in order to determine root cause.
- Recognize and codify attacker tools, tactics, and procedures in indicators of compromise (IOCs) that can be applied to current and future investigations.
- Ability to communicate technical details in clear and concise terms to senior management.
- 5+ years of Incident Response and Forensics experience with SaaS-based software company
- Experience with incident response and forensics tools
- Proven knowledge of incident management and problem management frameworks
- Deep understanding of Linux, Windows, malware analysis, host/network based forensics, memory forensics, and network traffic analysis
- Working understanding of distributed systems
- Demonstrated execution of analytical techniques
- B.S. or M.S. in Information Security, Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent experiences and certifications (CISSP, GSEC, GCFE, GNFA, GC)
Disclosure Pursuant to Applicable State Equal Pay Transparency Laws - This position has a minimum base salary starting at $118,800/year. Bonus, commission (if in a sales function), and/or equity may be eligible for this position. Additionally, full-time employees are eligible for benefits including health and wellness benefits, vacation, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement plan, life and disability insurance coverages, and other benefits the Company may offer from time to time.
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 1-855-9COHESITY or email@example.com for assistance.
Cohesity requires all employees who enter its U.S. offices to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and to provide documented proof thereof. Cohesity will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a sincerely held religious belief, disability or medical condition. This vaccination requirement does not apply to employees who work remotely and do not enter Cohesity offices.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs