Database (DAM) Engineer - Database Activity Monitoring, Cyber Security, McAfee
London, England, United Kingdom
Database (DAM) Engineer - Database Activity Monitoring, Cyber Security, DBA, T-SQL, Python, App Support, McAfee
ADARMA are seeking a contract Cyber Security Database (DAM) Engineer to support and maintain database monitoring within their client's wider SOC team. The role is with a renowned financial services organisation in an industry-leading security operations centre.
You will work on a programme that delivers cyber regulatory compliance across all of the bank's most critical database platforms.
This role will include but is not limited to:
- Administering security toolsets using McAfee Database Activity Monitoring
- Gathering relevant information from various toolsets e.g. Splunk, Service Now, CyberArk and liaising with stakeholders to resolve security incidents
- Acting as the 3rd line of support for incidents escalated from daily SOC monitoring
- Managing monitoring policies to ensure they are effective and meet business requirements
- Producing clear and consistent technical documentation
- Investigating and resolving incident records
- Advising projects on logging policy and taking them through the on-boarding process
- Performing complex tuning and revalidation tasks for existing threat monitoring rules to adjust to emerging threats
- Enhancing and developing the database monitoring tools to ensure regulatory compliance
- Database security knowledge, ideally with McAfee Database Activity Monitoring
- Programming languages T-SQL, Python and/or SPL
- Knowledge in a combination of the following: SIEM (Splunk), use case development, IT build and configuration, SDLC and/or ITIL
- SOC experience
- Experience in configuring any IT toolset
- Ability to communicate technical processes and roadmaps to a non-technical audience
- Experience as a DBA or Application Support Analyst (highly desirable)
We are Adarma, one of the largest independent security services companies in the UK. As a business formed and run by veteran senior security leaders, we know security and how to deliver real value in the real world. This is why our clients are successful FTSE 350 organisations from all industry sectors.
See us as your true partner in security. We have the experience, proven track record and industry recognition, to provide best-of-breed services for all our clients. Our team are specialists in Threat Management including SOC design, build & operation. And we always tailor our cybersecurity services to your needs.