IT Security Architect
London, England, United Kingdom
Smart is a rapidly growing fintech company transforming the retirement industry for the better. Using our award-winning platform, we build digital products to help people plan for their financial future globally. We’ve gone from a small start-up to a global industry leader with over £2bn in assets under management.
At Smart, we're a diverse team spanning across four continents. We’ve grown to a team of over 600 talented people, all dedicated to creating the best experience for our customers and an inclusive workplace for our colleagues. Recently we made it onto Great Places to Work at No.22 and at No.6 for Best Workplaces in Tech 2021 for large companies!
Join us to transform retirement, savings and financial well-being, across all generations, around the world.
- Manage the develop the security architecture for a broad scope of projects, working closely with the solution architects and developers on our new technology platform
- Ensure the overall architecture direction of our new platform ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of data
- Develop and manage Secure Design Patterns, Reference Architectures, feeding into the long-term Security strategy and Roadmaps
- Define the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns to ensure solutions decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision
- Review architecture artefacts before submission to TDA to ensure appropriateness
- Ensure architectural compliance of Smart solutions to the IT Security Policy, associated Standards, Regulatory requirements and overarching Corporate objectives and principles
- Apply security design principles to delivery teams while also providing strategic points of view for security solutions
- Developing security solutions to enable executions of the long-term security architecture in the cybersecurity product area
We know how challenging it can be to tick every box.
Here are a few skills that we feel would make you successful in the role, but please do not be put off from applying if you do not have every single one of them.
- Significant experience in taking security architecture requirements through a process conclusions, developing security designs and architectural artefacts to meet business needs including compliance to security standards
- Extensive experience in working with Amazon Web Services (AWS), including but not limited to IAM, SSO, Config, Lambda, Trusted Advisor, Inspector, Security Hub, Cognito, GuardDuty, KMS, Shield and more
- Strong experience with a broad range of security technologies including NextGen Firewalls, DLP, IDS/IPS, IdAM, Certificate Management, SIEM, Endpoint Protection, Anti-malware and vulnerability management
- Strong understanding of best practice and standards, such as PCI, NIST, ISO, NCSC 14 Cloud Principles
- Use and application of concepts such as Cryptography, Data Protection, Agile, API Gateways and Data Analytics
- Experience in feature and bug management through JIRA
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays. One extra day holiday after two years and then every year up to 30 days holiday.
- Hybrid working, 50% home 50% office based.
- Pension scheme using salary sacrifice, Smart Pension will match your contributions up to 5% of your salary.
- £500 personal training budget every year to spend on courses or conferences or training materials.
- Access to Udemy, the online training platform.
- Health insurance with Equipsme, including Dental, Eyecare and EAP.
- Death in service with Unum (4xbase salary).
- Access to PerkBox and Smart Rewards.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity (maternity – 6 months fully paid/paternity – 3 weeks fully paid).
- Five week sabbatical after five years employment.
- Season ticket loans.
- Cycle2Work scheme.
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks.
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs