Information Security Specialist
Remote - Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
As Hi-Tech Emerging Company of the Year in 2021 - Whip Around makes it simple and seamless to streamline the daily vehicle inspection and maintenance process for companies managing fleets. Whip Around is quickly becoming the software platform of choice for business owners, fleet managers and drivers that are dedicated to workplace safety.
As an Information Security Specialist your focus will be to help support and create world-class secure solutions for our customers! Whip Around is quickly becoming the software platform of choice for business owners, fleet managers and drivers with dedication to workplace safety. You will help protect our customers personal data and help ensure access to our systems and resources are restricted to the right people and systems.
Success in this role will look like…
You'll be responsible for the overall formulation and execution of our systems security strategy across the engineering discipline. This role carries a wide remit and you will be responsible for company wide security policies and practices, platform security and application security.
In addition you will:
- Manage risks and work closely with stakeholders to assess, prioritise and remediate risks in line with business objectives.
- Ensure that we are constantly aware of the risk footprint across the organisation, provide visibility at all levels and present solutions.
- Manage, communicate and prioritise the security roadmap.
- Collaborate and communicate to key stakeholders (technical and non-technical), updating on progress and moving forward items where needed due to risk and impact.
- Strive to understand our business challenges and the potential threats we face
- Use your knowledge and experience to assess and understand complex information and translate this into clear and concise insights and recommendations
- Take ownership of risk assessments, registers and mediation strategies
- Ensure our customers personal data is not compromised or exposed
Your ideal experience will include:
- Hold a security based role, are doing significant work in the systems security space in your current role, or are looking to become a specialist
- Have competencies in the systems security domain, taken part in risk assessments, registering of risks and helped or provided some mitigation strategies during your career
- Are experienced in supporting teams to improve their security posture
- Have confidence presenting security topics and concepts to internal teams and leadership
- Have a wide range of security awareness, from system access to application security and everything in between and have dealt with challenges across this spectrum
- Are aware of Cloud Security practices, and any formal security training would be well looked on!
- Have good knowledge of industry security standards and compliance standards
- Learning and development allowance
- Four weeks additional paid parental leave
- Birthday leave - goes without saying, no one wants to work on their birthday!
- Team events and activities
- Flexible working options - we understand you have a life and family outside of work and we support that!
Each of us at Whip Around are committed to living and breathing our Values in everything we do. At Whip Around you will become part of a culture that’s committed to helping you become the best version of yourself. Whip Around is dedicated to our people!
- Be the Best You
- Be the Driver
- Provide Clarity
- Don’t Drop the Trophy
If you want to hear more about what it's like to work at Whip Around, check out our Glassdoor to peek inside.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs