Associate Threat Analyst - SIEM monitoring (7am-4pm PDT, Tues-Sat)
Remote - Carlsbad, California, United States
ProficioProficio MDR expands the scope of a typical MSSP to provide organizations deeper cybersecurity threat detections to stay protected.
Proficio is an award-winning managed detection and response (MDR) services provider. We provide 24/7 security monitoring, investigation, alerting and response services to organizations in healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, retail and other industries. Take a video tour of our global network of 24/7 Security Operations Centers (SOCs).
Proficio has been highlighted in Gartner’s Market Guide for Managed Detection and Response Services for the last five consecutive years. MSSP Alert ranks Proficio among the top 250 global Managed Security Services Providers (MSSPs).
We have a track record of innovation. Proficio invented the concept of SOC-as-a-Service. We were the first MSSP to provide automated response services and are the only company in our space with a patent for cyber risk scoring and security posture gap analysis.
Our typical client is a medium to large-sized organization that lacks the in-house resources to address the challenges of a rapidly changing threat landscape. The difficulty of hiring and retaining cybersecurity professionals are widely understood. Our prospective clients are also challenged to effectively harness technology and build hardened processes that reduce the risk of security breaches.
While Proficio has developed a unified service delivery platform designed to meet the needs of the most demanding clients, what sets us apart is the quality and passion of our people. We believe the SOC of the Future will meld the creativity of human intelligence with the power of advanced technologies like AI.
Proficio’s commitment to developing and promoting our team members is unparalleled in our industry. Most of our senior managers were promoted from within.
Available: Day and Night shift
The Threat Analysts are the core of our SOC-as-a-Service operations. They are on the front line receiving and triaging alerts from our SIEM platform. The operate across multiple customers and time zones while utilizing multiple consoles and technologies. Our Threat Analysts have strong network and security knowledge, are strong problem solvers, and work under time pressure to quickly analyze and report security threats in our customers’ networks.
Professionals at the Associate Threat Analyst level possess 0-3+ years’ experience and have mastered the core skill of threat monitoring
- Threat Monitoring – actively monitoring our SIEM for alerts, then identify the root cause of the alert and provide suggested fixes
- Threat Analysis: Utilize knowledge of internal and external information vulnerabilities and match those to real-world cyber attacks
- Incident Response: address and manage the aftermath of a security breach or cyber attack with a focus on limiting damage, reducing recovery time/costs, and returning systems to normal.
- Threat Intelligence: creation of the information our organization uses to understand the threats that have, will, or are currently targeting our customers. This information is then used to prepare, prevent, and identify cyber threats.
- DevOps: integrating security practices to bridge traditional gaps between IT and security while ensuring fast, safe delivery of services
- Education and/or experience equivalent to 0-3+ years’ in both networking monitoring and cybersecurity
- Work with SIEM technologies receiving and triaging alerts from various log sources preferred
- Continuous learner who has a passion for defensive cybersecurity; ability to utilize resources at your disposal in an efficient manner; advanced problem-solving skills when encountering emerging security attack scenarios
- Strong base in Linux operating systems, scripting skills (preferably in Python), and experience with a variety of other security tools such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, and vulnerability management are all pluses
- Demonstrated communication skills including written documentation of troubleshooting and required responses
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strict SLAs for response time
- Opportunity to work in a progressive organization with structured training and roadmap for success
- ProLunch, Game Room, onsite Gym, and fun employee activities!
- Health, Dental and Vision plans available first of the month and other benefits available from day 1
- 401K plan
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Voluntary Life Insurance programs
- Experience in one of the hottest IT industries today
Proficio is an EOE employer.
Other jobs like this
Information Security AnalystAudits C Incident response ISO 27001 Risk management SaaS SOC 2
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation +5
Information Security AnalystAgile Automation CCPA GDPR Incident response Monitoring NIST PCI Penetration testing Security assessments +5
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +3
Information Security AnalystAudits FinTech Incident response Monitoring Penetration testing Risk management Threat detection Vulnerability management
401(k) matching Health care Insurance Medical leave Parental leave +2
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs