Senior Security Engineer
Full Time Senior-level / Expert Clearance required USD 107K - 149K *
Job Description: Senior-level Security Engineer
XOR Security is currently seeking several talented Security Engineers to support an Agency-level Advanced Cyber Analytics team. This program provides targeted threat monitoring and response capabilities requiring analysts to have advanced levels of experience in security event monitoring, incident response, malware analysis and reverse engineering, cyber intelligence, insider threat, penetration testing, and fusion analysis. The positions will respectively focus on Security Engineering of advanced analytic tool suites. To support this vital mission, XOR staff are at the forefront of providing Advanced Analytics, and Systems Engineering support to include the development of advanced analytics and countermeasures to protect critical assets from hostile adversaries. To ensure the integrity, security, and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in cyber security systems operations, analysis and incident response. Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cyber threats and information security in the domains of TTP’s, Threat Actors, Campaigns, and Observables. Additionally, the ideal candidate would be familiar with intrusion detection systems, intrusion analysis, security information event management platforms, endpoint threat detection tools, big data analytics, and cyber ticketing management.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with network systems engineering, systems development, and security engineering.
- Experience with Docker (managing containers, networking containers, container orchestration)
- Automation experience to support CICD pipeline (tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Strong Linux background
- Experience with deploying and maintaining infrastructure in both development and production environments
- Strong background in security best practices
- Experience administering hardware, software, operating systems, and application components of various isolated network environments. These components include Windows workstations/servers, Linux/Unix servers, Mac OSX, Dell, Access Data, and Guidance Software products.
- Strong background in network engineering and systems administration with the ability to maintain systems with 99% uptime requirements (including on-call and weekend support if required).
- Experience developing network architectures, diagrams, security plans, and supporting information assurance
- Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems, middleware and application issues.
- Designs and stands up security tools, components, applications, and servers that meet production specifications and project schedules.
- Experience with the configuration, installation of Big Data Analytics solutions, Dynamic/Static Malware Analysis systems, enterprise honeynet technologies, and Network/host-based security applications and appliances.
- Participates in large system and subsystem planning and integration projects.
- Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Currently cleared or can be cleared to the SECRET level preferably with a DHS-agency EOD.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Familiarity with deploying to AWS
- Familiarity with deploying and maintaining ELK stack
- Experience managing ingest and processing of large data sets (with technologies such a NiFi)
- Experience with deploying and maintaining databases including Hadoop and ElasticSearch
- Familiarity with Java and Python
- Experience with issues related to security including firewalls, proxies, networks, etc
- Experience in lifecycle engineering with commonly used security tools is required (i.e. Splunk, Archer, Cisco, BlueCoat, Linux, HBSS, Mcafee, Tanium, Nessus, ELK, Hadoop, Sqrrl etc.)
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED.
Other jobs like this
Senior Azure Cloud Security EngineerAnsible Automation AWS Azure CircleCI DevOps Docker Encryption GCP Incident response +9
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +6
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs