Staff Security Engineer, Application Security - I6
RobinhoodRobinhood has commission-free investing, and tools to help shape your financial future. Sign up and get your first stock free. Limitations and fees may apply.
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we’ve built and have been recognized as:
- Forbes Fintech 50 2021
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021
- Inc. Best-Led Companies 2021
- TIME 100 Most Influential Company 2021
We’re growing and looking for...
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood is building out a modern Application Security team, and we are seeking a strong Staff Application Security Engineer who is comfortable with both breaking and building applications. The team is responsible for securing Robinhood products and internal services.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Contribute to the roadmap for secure SDLC, architecting solutions for supply chain security, CI/CD security and security visibility into our CI/CD pipeline (static analysis, checkers, etc.)
- Develop technical solutions to mitigate impacts of security vulnerabilities
- Discover security gaps and vulnerabilities through security consultations, code reviews and assessments
- Eliminate classes of vulnerabilities through building and hardening safe frameworks
- Advocate application security through trainings and outreach across Robinhood
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of experience working in the Product Security space, as a builder or breaker
- Strong foundation in computer and network security, authentication, security protocols and applied cryptography
- Experience in CI/CD security, program analysis and secure SDLC
- Experience with Library/API/Framework development
- Experience with building defense-in-depth security mechanisms into products and applications
- Experience in web app security, vulnerability research, and security assessments
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
- Passion for innovating in an early stage security team
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Robinhood is a primarily remote company. If hired, you will work as a remote employee unless the job you are applying for has a different working model specified. Please reach-out to your recruiter if you have any questions regarding the job’s working model.
Other jobs like this
Senior Azure Cloud Security EngineerAnsible Automation AWS Azure CircleCI DevOps Docker Encryption GCP Incident response +9
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +6
Staff Cloud Security Engineer (Remote- North America)Automation AWS Azure CEH CISA Cloudflare FedRAMP GCP ISO 27001 Kubernetes +2
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Parental leave +3
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs