Junior Security Analyst
Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
InfoSum is the world’s leading data collaboration platform. The world’s largest enterprise businesses use InfoSum to collaborate across data sources and deliver richer customer experiences that prioritize consumer privacy. Our vision is to unlock data’s limitless potential, by enabling the world’s data to be connected but never shared. Off the back of our Series B funding of $65 million in 2021, we are investing in our people and teams.
As a people-first organization, we can offer you the personal and professional flexibility needed to get the job done, to grow with us, and help challenge the status quo. If you want to work with a business that encourages collaboration, champions the idea that the sum is greater than its parts, then we want to hear from you.
We are looking to bring in and support the growth of a Junior Security Analyst to work within our dedicated security operations team. The successful candidate will help to monitor, analyse and respond to threats and in return we will provide you with industry training and help establish your presence in our Sec Ops team.
- Monitoring of the SIEM and initial triage of alerts Auditing tasks (daily crawl of audit logs for anomalies).
- Policy enforcement spot checks (checking firewall rules and cloud inventory).
- Assist the wider Sec Ops team with stakeholder duties, automation and incident response.
- To provide real time threat analysis and detection.
- Respond to system generated alerts, analyse logs and traffic patterns.
- Provide analysis and trending of security log data and network traffic from many monitoring points.
- Generate customer facing security reports.
- Integrate and share information with other analysts and other teams.
- Good level of knowledge in IT and networking fundamentals across: Operating Systems, Cloud vendors, IP, TCP/IP, HTTP(S) .
- Knowledge of the security threat landscape and the approach threat actors take to attacking a network (phishing, port scanning, web application attacks).
- Knowledge of various security methodologies and technical security solutions (firewall and intrusion detection systems).
- Knowledge of network analysis and network/security applications.
- Desirable: Some experience as a Security/Network Administrator or equivalent in a Security Operations Centre environment .
- Desirable: Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience and knowledge.
- Desirable: Experience working with SIEM systems.
- A passion for Cyber Security and enjoys solving problems
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and manage time effectively
- Ability to cope successfully under pressure and with shifting priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skil
You will receive a competitive salary, 8% pension contribution, private health care and the opportunity to receive share options. We have a fantastic office in Basingstoke complete with a fully stocked fridge, catered lunch and snacks. However, like most tech businesses, we are fully remote and intend to remain that way until social distancing measures are over in the UK. When we return to the office, we will take the best bits of remote working but also foster face to face collaboration, with the intention that all employees will be in the office at least twice per week. Of course, if you prefer to be office based, you will be able to work there full time.
Other jobs like this
Information Security AnalystAuditing Audits Azure CISA CISSP CompTIA Incident response IPS ISMS ISO 27001 +9
Career development Competitive pay Health care Team events
Information Security Analyst/EngineerAudits Ethical hacking Finance FinTech Incident response Monitoring Vulnerabilities
Career development Competitive pay Health care Insurance
Information Security AnalystGDPR NIST PCI PCI-DSS Risk management SOC2 Vulnerability management
Career development Conferences Flex hours Health care Travel
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs