LB38 - Information Systems Security Engineer - Cleared
Annapolis Junction, Maryland, United States
• Responsible for ensuring that the appropriate operational security posture is obtained, monitored, and maintained for multiple information systems throughout their lifecycle. Must possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of the intent of security controls required to obtain, manage, and monitor all security aspects of an information system from cradle-to-grave. Candidate is required to coordinate the day-to-day security operations of the information systems with System Administrators, System Engineers, Software Distribution, Patch Management, and Sustainment Teams. Position serves to interpret and develop security policies, provide mentorship and guidance to other security engineers, lead security meetings, gather and report program IT security metrics, and serve as the program ISSO/ISSE representative at key stakeholder meetings with customer representatives.
• Responsible for providing system vulnerability testing using COTS based tools, and generate security finding reports. Must be able to build security control test cases.
• Responsibilities will include; but are not limited to, reviewing, analyzing and documenting the secure implementation of logical controls, physical controls, environmental controls, personnel security, incident handling, security relevant changes, continuous monitoring activities, audit log review, analysis and reporting. Additionally, the candidate is responsible to develop SOPs and provide security training and awareness of the Information System to both privileged and non-privilege users.
TS/SCI with poly required
- Fourteen (14) years experience as an ISSO on projects of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Experience is to include at least two (2) of the following areas: knowledge of current security tools, hardware/software security implementation; communication protocols; and encryption techniques/tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- One or more of these certifications: CAP, CND, Cloud+, GSLC, Security+ CE, HCISPP, CASP+ CE, CISM, CISSP (or Associate), or CCISO
- Four (4) years of additional experience as an ISSO may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a technical role, providing technical expertise for software intensive projects
- One or more of these certifications: CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, or SSCP
- Serve as a Security Engineer supporting software architecture development.
- Possess knowledge or experience performing day-to-day ISSE/ISSO responsibilities with knowledge and experience managing and maintaining SSP’s within Xacta.
- Apply current computer science technologies and IA requirements to the analysis, design, development, evaluation, and integration of computer/communication systems and networks to maintain an acceptable system security posture throughout the lifecycle of multiple systems.
- Coordinate and work with various system stakeholders to determine the applicable security/IA requirements based on the intent of the security requirements.
- Proven ability to manage and maintain System Security Plans (SSPs) from inception through decommissioning following the process within Xacta for systems.
• Coordinate with program management and other stakeholders to track and maintain risks associated with multiple Information Systems to ensure compliance with all Information Assurance requirements and directives.
• Knowledge in Multi-level Security/Cross Domain systems and operations with special requirements
• Experience in the management and maintenance of systems required to satisfy the Certification and Accreditation requirements
• Experience with analysis, disposition, and evaluation of both hardware and software
• Experience with any of the following COTS security tools: Nessus, Nmap, AppScanner, ACAS Security Center
• Experience with Linux and Networking is a plus
- Health & Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Matching
- Tuition Assistance
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Hiring Bonuses
- Referral Recruitment Program
Other jobs like this
401(k) matching Medical leave Parental leave Startup environment
Application Security EngineerApplication security Automation Azure Linux OWASP Penetration testing PowerShell Product security Python SDLC +4
401(k) matching Career development Flex vacation Health care Team events +1
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs