Cybersecurity Architect Specialist
Morrisville, North Carolina, United States
phia LLCAt phia, trust us to solve the complex challenges of our connected world through top-tier cyber intelligence & threat hunting. Contact us.
At phia, we hire talented and passionate people who are focused on collaborative, meaningful work, providing technical and operational subject matter expertise and support services to our partners and clients.
We are looking for a Cybersecurity Architect Specialist. This job is located in either Morrisville, NC or Merrifield, VA, with some remote capability during the pandemic at the discretion of the customer. Preferred candidates will live within a commutable distance to these locations.
What You'll Do:
- Provide security architecture development services.
- Document the organization’s Cybersecurity architecture for several audiences.
- Advise on security system infrastructure and contribute system and network engineering knowledge to improve the security architecture.
- Communicate conceptual architecture and capabilities to management.
- Guide the design and implementation of secure solutions and services across business and IT support areas, driving the successful configuration and implementation of security solutions to reduce risk to an acceptable level.
- Assist with designing, developing, and recommending integrated security system solutions that ensure proprietary and confidential data and systems are protected and security standards are met.
- Work with SMEs to identify, document, and track weak points in the architecture based on standardized methodologies and innovative analysis.
- Support system- and network-related policy development and regulatory compliance.
- Monitor for cascading effects and unintended consequences of system change.
- Work on special projects or investigations into specific technology or solution issues and shepherd research and piloting of new technologies.
Education + Experience
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- 4+ years of security architecture experience
- 4-6+ years of cybersecurity experience
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Cybersecurity or other related field (or equivalent relevant work experience).
- Experience in Cybersecurity technology solution planning, engineering, and deployment.
- Ability to work well in a strong collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively present technical information to many different levels of the organization.
- Upper-level Experience with Microsoft Office tools: i.e., PowerPoint
- Experience working in a fast-paced complex system
- Experience in a very large enterprise environment
- Experience with Cisco Wireless networking
- One or more of the following: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Cisco Certified Enterprise Infrastructure Certification (CCIE), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
Security Clearance Requirements
- Ability to obtain Public Trust (or higher) government clearance.
Who You Are
- A proactive problem solver that appreciates the challenges of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Intellectually curious with a genuine desire to learn and advance your career.
- An effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Customer service-oriented and mission-focused.
- Critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills.
If your experience and qualifications aren’t a match for this position, you will remain in our database for consideration for future opportunities that may be a better fit.
MPORTANT: This position may be subject to Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring covered employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which the Federal Government is not enforcing at this time.
Who We Are
phia LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, and Information Assurance/Security. we proudly support various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia values work-life balance and offers the following benefits to full-time employees:
- Comprehensive medical insurance to include dental and vision
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
phia does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Other jobs like this
Information Security Architect (Open to Remote)CISSP HIPAA HITRUST Incident response Intrusion detection ISO 27001 Monitoring NIST Penetration testing Risk management +2
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex vacation Health care +3
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs