Senior Cyber Hunt & Incident Response Analyst
Arlington, Virginia, United States
phia LLCAt phia, trust us to solve the complex challenges of our connected world through top-tier cyber intelligence & threat hunting. Contact us.
At phia, we hire talented and passionate people who are focused on collaborative, meaningful work, providing technical and operational subject matter expertise and support services to our partners and clients. Join a highly technical team responsible for responding to the latest breaches (SolarWinds, Microsoft Exchange, Colonial Pipeline) across Fortune 500, Federal, and State/Local organizations.
We are seeking a Senior Cyber Hunt & Incident Response Analyst to support our DHS CISA Hunt and Incident Response (HIRT) deployment Host Analysis team. In this position, you will be on the front line of supporting national and international cyber intrusions teaming with DHS stakeholders to secure America’s critical infrastructure. These engagements entail performing host and network analysis to find the badness. Come join our cutting-edge team working on stopping some of the world’s most advanced adversaries. This position is located in Arlington, VA, with frequent/rotating remote options during the pandemic/post-pandemic.
What You’ll Do
- Perform analyses on hosts running on a variety of platforms and operating systems.
- Perform analysis of logs/artifacts from a variety of sources (host/network alerts, host logs, network traffic logs, malicious files, registry, filesystems, etc.) to identify threats.
- Perform real‐time hunt and incident handling (data collection, intrusion correlation/tracking, threat analysis, and system remediation) tasks.
- Leverage tools including Tanium, FireEye suite, GRR, Volatility, SIFT Workstation, MISP, and/or Bro as part of duties performing cyber incident response analysis.
- Utilize data analytics tools including Splunk to make sense of machine data for hunt and IR missions.
- Collect intrusion artifacts and use discovered data to enable mitigation of badness within the enterprise.
- Track and document hunts and incidents from initial detection through final resolution.
- Write and publish reports (e.g. engagement reports) on incident findings.
Education + Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related area of study. If no degree is held, candidates must have 10+ years of hunt/incident response experience
- 8+ years of relevant experience using hunt/IR technologies and industry-standard tools
- Experience writing thorough cyber investigative reports detailing incident findings
- Proficiency with analysis and characterization of cyber attacks (Kill Chain, MITRE ATT&CK)
- Proficiency with common operating systems (Linux/Unix, Windows), with a demonstrated understanding of how they may be compromised.
- Skilled in identifying different classes of attacks and attack stages
Security Clearance Requirements
- This position will require U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI clearance
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
Desired Industry Certifications
Who You Are
- A proactive problem solver that appreciates the challenges of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Intellectually curious with a genuine desire to learn and advance your career.
- An effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Customer service-oriented and mission-focused.
- Critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
If your experience and qualifications aren’t a match for this position, you will remain in our database for consideration for future opportunities that may be a better fit.
IMPORTANT: This position is subject to Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring covered employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment. Prospective or new employees who are unable to be vaccinated due to medical reasons or a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation. This request must be approved prior to the start of employment to the extent a reasonable accommodation is available that does not pose an undue hardship on phia or a direct threat to the candidate or phia’s employees.
Who We Are
phia LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia-based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with a focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, and Information Assurance/Security. we proudly support various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia values work-life balance and offers the following benefits to full-time employees:
- Comprehensive medical insurance to include dental and vision
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
Other jobs like this
SOC Analyst Tier IIIAuditing Automation AWS CISSP CompTIA DevOps Ethical hacking Forensics Google Cloud Governance +8
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +4
Information Security AnalystAudits C Incident response ISO 27001 Risk management SaaS SOC 2
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation +5
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs