Cloud Security Architect
AffirmWith Affirm, you can pay over time at your favorite brands. No late fees or compounding interest—just a more responsible way to say yes to the things you love.
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
BEGIN JOB DESCRIPTION HERE
Affirm values security as being critical to the company’s continued success. Our mission is to cultivate a culture of security at Affirm, enabling the company to succeed in building honest financial products. The Platform Security program is the foundation of both preventive and responsive security practices to protect Affirm’s assets deployed in the cloud from an adverse event. Cloud Security Architect partners with key business leaders, project and integration teams to ensure that the cloud platform/infrastructure is designed in a secure and resilient manner.
What You'll Do
- The Cloud Security Architect designs/builds/operates cloud security solutions that protect infrastructure and applications against potential and ongoing security threats.
- Design secure cloud-native applications, platforms, core services and security controls across multiple public and private cloud environments including Azure, AWS, GCP.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with multiple internal engineering groups to maintain alignment on technical design strategies.
- Establish security requirements for cloud-based solutions by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching cloud infrastructure security standards such as ISO 27000 series, NIST CSF, and CSA.
- Participate, lead and jointly deliver security evaluation reports on cloud providers (Azure, AWS, GCP), cloud native platforms (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.), and Software as a Service solutions.
- Experience with modern delivery methodologies including Agile and DevSecOps; ability to work in a highly matrixed environment and influence teams through gathering consensus.
- Experience in designing, implementing and delivering security for cloud native, distributed computing and architectural solutions with a principle of “Secure by Design”.
- Demonstrated ability to define security requirements and help teams implement them through collaborative architecture and engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex subjects regarding strategic and tactical cybersecurity processes to stakeholders of varying technical levels.
- Establish and drive the maturity of the platform cybersecurity posture roadmap and maturity.
- Develop security processes and procedures, and define service-level agreements to ensure that security controls are managed and maintained.
- Define security configuration and operation standards for systems and applications, including policy assessment and compliance tools.
- Develop, validate, and enforce baseline security configurations for operating systems, PaaS, SaaS and cloud environments.
What We Look For
- Minimum five years of deep technical expertise across multiple technical domains including cloud computing, security, identity and access management and IT infrastructure
- Bachelor's or Masters degree from an accredited college/university
- Professional certification (One or more required) - CCSP or CCSK, Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Security Practitioner.
- 5 years previous experience implementing automated workflows in CI/CD, DevOps, or DevSecOps environments.
- 5 years previous experience using tools enabling automated workflows, such as Buildkite, Jenkins, Gitlab, TFS, Github, etc.
- 5 years previous experience with containers and container technology such as Docker, Podman, Kubernetes, etc.
- Strong understanding of advanced persistent threats, attacker methodologies, attack lifecycle, cyber kill chain, diamond modeling and the MITRE framework.
- Understanding of current and emerging threats and associated countermeasures by establishing solid relationships with cyber threat teams and vendors. This includes directing a team on managing, maintaining, and increasing visibility into the organization and applying threat intelligence to proactively mitigate risk.
- Strong project management and people management skills.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to drive projects towards completion within minimal supervision
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues to non-technical teams
- Passion for working with diverse teams, understanding and taking into account each perspective, as an auditor, engineer, business person, and more.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Other jobs like this
Senior Azure Cloud Security EngineerAnsible Automation AWS Azure CircleCI DevOps Docker Encryption GCP Incident response +9
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +6
Staff Cloud Security Engineer (Remote- North America)Automation AWS Azure CEH CISA Cloudflare FedRAMP GCP ISO 27001 Kubernetes +2
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Parental leave +3
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs