Senior Security Engineer
State College, Pennsylvania, United States
Act as a technical subject matter expert for the department regarding information and cyber security technologies and landscape. Perform software security tasks of a complex nature which require extensive research and analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Be recognized as a subject matter expert for information and cyber security within Software Development. Drive consensus around security strategy, technologies, and protocol.
Educate teams regarding security landscape, protocol, and technologies.
Work with security teams across Software Development to identify key security gaps and areas for improvement.
Work closely with Software Development Teams to implement security tasks, protocol, and strategies.
Work closely with Software Development teams to ensure that learnings from security incidents are used to make development’s internal systems and products more secure and resilient to future attacks.
Identify gaps in and drive improvements to cloud and on-prem products and services that enhance the security of Minitab and its customers.
Effectively communicate complex security analysis to management.
Stay up to date on the latest emerging security technologies and how they might impact or be leveraged for the security of Software Development products and systems.
Work to coordinate the expertise of software engineers in various areas to ensure that Minitab Statistical Software and systems meet security requirements.
Work with program management to develop estimates and create backlog for software development tasks.
Interface with other departments, third party software engineers and customers as appropriate.
Perform software development tasks including design, development, and testing, as needed.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or a closely related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience developing, operating and maintaining security systems
- High working knowledge of cloud platform technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud.
- Experience in time management regarding project completion.
The following are also desirable:
- Information/Cyber Security certification such as CISSP or CompTIA A+.
- Familiarity with general purpose programming languages such as C++, C#, Swift, and/or Python.
- Experience in commercial software development.
- Experience with source control systems such as Team Foundation Server or Git.
- Experience using an agile development process.
- Ability to write and maintain unit tests and familiarity with testing frameworks such as NUnit, Google C++ test framework, Jest.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work well in a team of skilled software professionals with the ability to build consensus for new practices and technologies.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently and to discern the relevancies, applicability, and usefulness of those technologies to Minitab.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and solve complex technical problems.
- Ability and desire to lead large teams and projects, and to mentor other software engineers.
- Ability to work closely with management on sensitive security issues.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language.
Receive direct supervision from the Manager, Engineering.
Mentor other software engineers and lead project teams as assigned by the Manager, Engineering.
Minitab is a Federal contractor and is following all applicable COVID-19 vaccination requirements.
Other jobs like this
Senior Azure Cloud Security EngineerAnsible Automation AWS Azure CircleCI DevOps Docker Encryption GCP Incident response +9
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +6
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs