SDE-3 (Application Security)
Pune, Maharashtra, India
We’re looking for a Senior Security Engineer to help us build and own organization level security initiatives. You will work with a variety of engineering teams with a large active user base to improve their security posture.
What you’ll do:
- Work in a team of senior application security engineers.
- Interact with Product Managers, Software Development Managers and key stake-holders on a regular basis to understand and fulfill their products security requirements.
- Take charge of building organization level security programs and make sure they are sustainable.
- Build a “culture of security” in engineering teams.
- Collaborate with the engineering teams to integrate security checks into CI/CD pipelines (shifting security left), recommend secure solutions to common problems and adopt secure coding practices.
- Setup automated tests to identify and remediate security issues.
- Build and update threat models of Medly products.
- Understand HIPAA audit and compliance requirements and help the team during audits.
- Occasionally work with external security testing vendors to coordinate pen testing and work with engineering teams to prioritize and fix issues securely.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Have in depth understanding of defensive security and information security concepts like OWASP Top 10, CWE Top 25, OWASP API Security top 10, NIST standards.
- Have coding experience with at least one JVM language and a scripting language. Professional coding experience is desired but not required.
- Love reading code in different languages and finding security flaws.
- Understand CI/CD pipelines and how to add security tools into delivery pipelines
- Enjoy guiding teams and mentor junior developers.
We don’t expect anybody to be an expert on all of these, but you should be deeply familiar with some, and a self-starting learner who isn’t afraid to ask for help:
What you will need:
- 4+ years of experience in developing / testing applications or DevOps.
- 2+ years of experience as a security engineer.
- Experience in AWS and Terraform is a plus.
Medly is a digital pharmacy that was founded by second-generation pharmacy owners with decades of experience in the industry. By combining the personal relationship you’d expect from a corner drugstore with the efficiency of a national pharmacy, we aim to make healthcare more efficient and enjoyable.
- Competitive salary and perks
- Best of the breed laptops and accessories
- End-to-end product development (from idea to execution)
- Convenient office location and open office culture
- Opportunity to make contributions to open-source
- Nurturing and supportive environment that fosters development and growth
- Strong and diverse team with a deep sense of community and camaraderie
- The satisfaction of knowing that you’re making a difference in the fight to make healthcare more patient-friendly
Other jobs like this
Senior Application Security Engineer (BE - Java Code Audit)Application security Auditing Audits Blockchain Code analysis Crypto Finance Java Vulnerabilities
Career development Competitive pay Flat hierarchy Flex hours Relocation
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs