San Francisco OR Seattle
A little about us:
At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world including UBER, Twitter, Hinge, and Expedia.
About the role:
Security at Mixpanel is not a “check-the-box” exercise. Our growing team is dedicated to understanding and managing security risks while enabling our engineering and product design partners to continue making world-class software. The team is looking for a security and privacy leader to partner with its world-class product and engineering teams.
Together with the current security team, not only will you drive enterprise security initiatives, but also be an advocate for security and privacy at Mixpanel.
About the office(s):
🏙 We are looking for the right person and they have the option to sit out of our beautiful San Francisco HQ in the popular FIDI district or Seattle office that sits in the heart of downtown Seattle
🌮 Catered team lunches everyday
🧠 Space to collaborate—plenty of conference rooms and open areas
We're looking for someone who:
Has a strong track record of working with engineering and product teams on assessing applications against security standards, conducting risk-based assessments of application security practices, designing secure systems, and driving security by building close working partnerships with Product and Engineering professionals.
Bonus if you have experience with but not limited to containerized application security (stateful / stateless systems, web app firewalls, linux, virtual machine security, kubernetes), working with multiple-control frameworks (SOC 2, ISO, & NIST), and end-point remote development security design.
A few reasons to join us:
- Impact: At ~400 employees, we’re large enough to provide you with ample resources to do the job right but small enough to enable you to lead and drive real impact
- Finances: We’re a Series B, A16Z backed company that just ranked in the top companies to emerge from YC
- Industry: $51.2B Market for Analytics, Customer Engagement, and Customer Data Platforms
- Best in class product: Over 26,000 customer chose Mixpanel and in 2019, we’ve already won 13 awards for our platform, including Forbes Cloud 100 2019
- Expansion: Headquartered in San Francisco, we also have offices in Seattle, New York, and Austin Texas. Over the last 18 months, we have opened offices in Singapore, London, Amsterdam, and Barcelona.
- Culture: We were ranked Best Companies to Work For and Best CEO’s for Women
Great benefits: In addition to the usual, we offer 40 hours of Volunteer Time Off, Winter Company Shutdown, & wellness reimbursement