Head of Security Engagement, Prime Video and Studios Security
US, CA, Virtual Location - California
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
Amazon Prime Video and Studios Security is hiring motivated and experienced leaders at all levels to chart the course of Information Security within Prime Video. Together we are changing the way millions of customers interact with video content. The Prime Video and Studios team delivers movies, TV episodes and Live events to Amazon customers through subscriptions (Amazon Prime), channels as well as purchases and rentals. Amazon believes so deeply in the mission of Video that we've launched our own studio to create original and exclusive content.
Key job responsibilities
As a successful Head of Security Engagement, within Prime Video and Studios Security, you will be seen as a leader and play a key role in ensuring security is built into our applications and services and partnering with development teams to maintain a high security bar. You will collaborate with security champions within our engineering teams to drive the implementation and validation of security controls prior to production launch. You will:
- Manage and support an existing application security review process, which includes security architecture, threat modeling, and code review.
- Mentor and guide security engineer direct reports and dotted-line security champions embedded throughout the engineering teams.
- Provide technical security guidance to mitigate identified risks.
- Review existing processes and suggest improvements for increased security and efficiency.
- Shape our Secure Software Development framework, referencing industry maturity benchmarks such as BSIMM and SAFECode.
A day in the life
As a successful Head of Security Engagement, Prime Video and Studios Security, you will be seen as a leader who prioritizes well, communicates clearly and understands how to drive a high level of operational and strategic excellence within a team, while collaborating with a variety of internal and external business partners. You must show exemplary judgment in making technical trade-offs between short- versus long-term security and business goals. A successful candidate must handle several difficult challenges and problems, and make risk-based assessments founded on data and facts rather than older static based security paradigms while being aware of the older best practices.
About the team
You will lead the Security Engagement team, which drives secure architectural and deployment strategies across Prime Video's most critical projects and have an executive mandate to design to the highest security standards. You will work alongside two peer teams under Application Security; Developer Engagement, which is responsible for shepherding the right mixture of code review tools to support the Prime Video software development engineer (SDE) community and Production Engagement which facilitates penetration testing, red-teaming and bug bounty initiatives across all of Prime Video.
- 3+ years experience directly managing people that work cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams.
- Possess self-drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge.
- Excellent executive communications or technical writing; clear, concise, and thorough written and oral communication skills.
- High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Experience working directly with software engineering teams within a secure software development lifecycle framework.
- Experience managing large cross-functional security efforts, resulting in delivery of significant security improvements within highly complex systems.
- Experience defining and delivering both product and technical roadmaps within large diverse organizations.
- Demonstrable experience making decisions on behalf of and in support of highly technical project teams.
- Demonstrable experience defining and executing against metrics that measure service and program effectiveness and consistency.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Other jobs like this
Director of Application and Product Security (Remote)Application security CCPA NIST Penetration testing Privacy Product security Risk management SDLC Strategy Vulnerability management
Career development Flex vacation Health care Medical leave
Head of Security OperationsAutomation EDR Incident response Linux Monitoring SIEM Vulnerability management Windows
Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation Salary bonus +2
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs