Cyber Operations Manager - Threat Operations (Remote, USA)
OptivTrust the cybersecurity experts at Optiv, the cyber advisory and solutions leader. We manage cyber risk so you can secure your full potential. Contact us today.
The Cyber Operations Manager over Threat Detection & Response is responsible to ensure early and accurate detection, response, and containment for threats directed against our clients. As a technical management role, the ideal candidate possesses deep security knowledge/expertise, previous experience as a security practitioner, systems management and administration experience, proven service management skills, and the ability to attract and retain talent in a challenging market. The position is closely involved in helping to mentor, develop and evaluate employee performance as well as helping with the development and continuous improvement of the Security Operations services.
How You'll Make an Impact
- Lead 24x7 Threat Detection and Response Analysts providing operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources as well managing the day-to-day operations.
- Work closely with customers on reporting, stewardship calls, and in the case of escalations.
- Enforce all policies and procedures, including those for security, disaster recovery, standards, and service provision.
- Drive continuous refinement and improvement of detection and response and incident response processes.
- Oversee the security of Client systems via Advanced Fusion Center (AFC) service.
- Keep current with the latest vendor updates, expansion opportunities, and technology directions, utilized in the Clients environment.
- Collaborate and consult with other Managers on the overall advancement of the Security Operations organization and Optiv in general.
- Direct and drive process and documentation improvement.
- Manage staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Develop and maintain an educational environment where the knowledge and performance of the group are constantly advancing.
- Perform staff performance appraisals.
- Ensure timely reporting of security control gaps and vulnerabilities to the customer.
- Prepare reporting of metrics and trending of SLA & KPIs to the customer and client support staff.
- Stay abreast of evolving risks, new developments in the security industry, and industry best practices in risk management, threat analysis, and threat response techniques.
- Attend info security-related events and network with industry peers to inform engineering and operations processes of effective risk mitigation strategies for attacks.
- Oversee team’s production of threat intelligence reports that communicate the results of the analyses to the respective audience.
- Responsible for the joint team effort to normalize data from vulnerability assessment, penetration test, incident response, and application security project deliverables.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, other group heads regarding pertinent activities.
- Develop and mentor staff through open communication, training and development opportunities, and performance management processes; build and maintain employee morale and motivation.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Cyber Operations Manager will report to the Director of Security Operations.
Qualifications for Success
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university in Information Technology, Information Security/Assurance, Engineering or similar area of study required.
- 12+ years professional IT and Information Security experience
- 5+ years leading technical Threat Detection and Response teams
- 5+ years professional experience in cyber operations centers
- 3+ years professional experience in managed services
- One or more certifications in Security/Networking including Security+, GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, CISSP, CISM, CISA, or other security-specific vendors/product certifications
- Proven ability to make decisions and perform complex problem-solving activities under pressure.
- Advanced business acumen required.
- Sharp analytical abilities and the ability to make sound decisions quickly are required.
- Deep understanding of SIEM vendors, solutions, and architecture such as LogRhythm, QRadar, Splunk, Exabeam, etc.
- Deep understanding of EDR vendors, solutions, and architecture such as Crowdstrike, Cylance, Carbon Black, Microsoft ATP.
- Deep understanding of regulatory compliance such as NIST, SOX, HIPPA, NERC CIP, PCI, etc. and their differentiators across global regions
- Deep understanding of laws pertaining to cybersecurity and their differentiators across global regions
- Understanding of Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response concepts.
- Experience working with ticketing and knowledge management systems such as Service Now.
- Experience with ITIL concepts and practices.
- Experience with security analytics platforms such as Kibana.
- Experience with reporting platforms such as DOMO and PowerBI
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through our Affinity groups including, Black Employee Network, Disabled Employee Network, Latino Employee Network, Optiv Pride (LGBTQIA+), Veterans Support Network, and Women's Network.• Work/life balance. We offer “Recharge” a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge • Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities. • The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Other jobs like this
Staff Cloud Security Engineer (Remote- North America)Automation AWS Azure CEH CISA Cloudflare FedRAMP GCP ISO 27001 Kubernetes +2
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Parental leave +3
Principal/Staff Software Security EngineerAgile Ansible Automation Banking Blockchain C Crypto Cryptography Encryption Golang +7
Competitive pay Equity Flex vacation Gear Parental leave +1
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs