Business Information Security Officer - Disbursement Network
At Remitly, we want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. We help people send over $10 billion around the globe. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
Our disbursement network consists of partners in over 50 countries. These partners deliver funds to our recipients in the ways most convenient for them, including: Bank Transfers, Mobile Wallets, Cash Pickup, Home Delivery, and other methods that support under and unbanked populations. Given the scope of the market we serve, our partners operate in many different environments, with different local regulations. The BISO for our Disbursement Network will manage the security and privacy risks inherent in operating this large overseas financial network. This is a principal level individual contributor role.
You are a business-minded security professional with a passion for risk measurement. You are comfortable working inside and outside our company with executives and technical partners. You build business cases using data and influence leaders to implement security programs.
- Report to the CISO
- Measure security risk in our global disbursement partner network
- Represent security risk in business terms
- Determine which security risks to address
- Reduce security risk through security architecture, process implementation, and business development
- BS Degree in Information Science, Computer Engineering related degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years industry experience in Information Security or related engineering space
- 7+ years of experience in information security, for example cyber-security, risk management, risk detection, Data Security
- Experience partnering with business development and/or working with external partners
- Experience across two or more information security sub-fields
- Experience with SQL and light dash-boarding (Periscope, Tableau, Jupyter, or similar)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer