Associate Director, Office of the CISO, Portfolio Management
New York, NY
Planned ParenthoodPlanned Parenthood Federation of America is a nonprofit organization that provides sexual health care in the United States and globally.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic Associate Director, Information Security, Office of the CISO, Portfolio Management. This job reports directly to the Senior Director, Office of the CISO in the Information Security division of PPFA. The Office of Information Security provides the strategy and implementation of the information security program that safeguards the data entrusted to Planned Parenthood by its patients, supporters, donors and staff.
Purpose : The Associate Director, Office of the CISO, Portfolio Management supports the CISO and the Information Security team by designing, automating and implementing dashboards for key performance indicators and metric analytics, continuous process improvement leadership and program/ project management responsibilities. Oversees the Information Security portfolio of key priorities, initiatives aligned with the Information Security Strategic Plan. This includes key deliverables for executive status reporting, annual business planning, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), program specific metrics, budget management measures,vendor management, and related Office of the CISO accountabilities. Has the ability to streamline processes, knowledge of process efficiencies to drive continuous improvement.
The Associate Director will support work for both the National Office and the Federation, will include collaborating with cross functional teams within the National Office, and supporting partnerships with external organizations. The role requires an agile individual that can manage multiple tasks, with an attention to detail, and has the ability to think ahead to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of our work.
Delivery : Associate Director, Office of the CISO, Portfolio Management will support the CISO and Information Security department by delivering exemplary services and support internal Information Security colleagues as well as our constituents within the National Office and throughout the Federation:
● Develop and provide program and project management standard processes, reporting, communication protocols in support of best practices for the Information Security organization. Includes resource management models and automation for program management metrics. ● Supports gathering, automation, analysis, and presentation of metrics and key performance indicators to demonstrate program effectiveness and work progress. ● Creates new measures aligned to business drivers. Drive process improvements and automation across Information Security weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual dashboard metrics and Key Performance Indicators. ● Manage core processes across InfoSec operating model, identifies process improvements and streamlines ways of working across the Information Security organization to improve work productivity. ● Drives process improvements for security related programs by: identifying opportunities for efficiencies paired with effective change management, enhancing and expanding the use of standard project management frameworks and methodologies, and analysis of key metrics. ● Provide annual business planning support including process coordination and project management for Information Security annual business planning, budget planning deliverables across the function. Streamline annual business planning, budget management driving efficiencies across multiple templates. ● Performs key vendor management responsibilities: support contract execution and management in service of departmental priorities, including master service agreements, non-disclosure agreements, vendor risk review, requests for proposals (RFPs) and request for quotes. ● Prioritizes tasks that require attention from the CISO, as directed by the Senior Director, Office of the CISO. This includes coordinating with other departments to maintain the CISO's action lists and follow up, workflow, and to assist in compiling briefings and reports. ● Prepares and delivers executive level presentations, reporting for senior management on Information Security performance metrics and program status / strategic plans. ● Other duties, special projects, and initiatives, as assigned.
Engagement: The Associate Director, Office of the CISO, Portfolio Manager will engage with Information Security team members to support relevant operational and logistical priorities. They will also:
● Work closely with InfoSec towers and leaders to design, collect, manage, analyze, adjust, and/or report on key performance metrics that document and demonstrate the InfoSec program’s progress on goals and objectives; with an eye to identifying and implementing process improvements where appropriate. ● Serve as a point person and partner to Finance, InfoSec, Facilities, Security, and IT on operational work related, consulting and serving as a hub where applicable. ● Liaise with the Research and Evaluation team and Office of the COO to ensure reporting requirements deadlines are met. ● Work with the operations teams to develop tools to ensure coordination of projects and deliverables; support opportunities to better integrate and align core operations processes with organizational program needs. ● Works closely with partners on vendor and contract management as assigned by CISO, aligned to prioritized projects, including drafting RFPs when necessary, coordinating negotiations and tracking responses.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs): Knowledge ● Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of broad-based information technology experience with strong understanding of the information security domain. Expertise in the following areas: continuous process improvement, process mapping, metric analytics, dashboard automation, portfolio, program, project management leadership. ● Knowledge of IT and Information Security industry best practices for key performance indicators, dashboards, metrics. ● Expertise in IT dashboard automation and analytics. ● Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) desired, but not required with relevant security or technology work experience. ● Experience working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects and ability to handle stressful situations with ease. ● Proficient in Google, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to learn new applications quickly. ● Client management experience is a plus. ● Information Technology and Cybersecurity certifications are a plus.
Skills ● Practical experience in all aspects of project management (goal defining, management of team roles and responsibilities, deliverable/milestone tracking, scheduling and deadlines, and budget / cost management) is required. ● Highly analytical. Strong executive presence, communication, and collaboration skills with Senior Leadership. ● Public speaking. ● Practical IT experience with modern information security technologies and vendor solutions to include but not limited to strong authentication, network security, endpoint security, cloud/SaaS/PaaS security, security information and event management, SSDLC, mobile security, privacy, and regulatory compliance. ● Business management skills (budgeting, planning, presentation development, organization theory, quality management) are required.
Abilities ● Analytical Skills ● Design, development, automation and implementation of InformationTechnology and Information Security measures and dashboards ● Flexibility and agility in task execution as business and leadership needs change. ● Ability to challenge the status quo, build and implement new processes, including ability to manage change impact on the organization. ● Innovative and creative thinker ● Experience with information security frameworks: HIPAA, PCI DSS, NIST, ISO 27001, HITRUST.
TRAVEL : As needed - New York City Preferred Location
Starting salary: $125K
Final offers for this job will be based on capabilities and will be made within the parameters of the PPFA compensation program. Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If denoted as NYC, DC, or both, this position is usually located in our New York City or DC office, but is remote while offices remain closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Other jobs like this
Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)- JRC Clearance DoD Firewall Incident response Risk assessment Risk management Security analysis Security Clearance Strategy +2
401(k) matching Career development Health care Insurance
Information System Security Officer (ISSO)Active Directory CISA CISSP Clearance DoD Encryption Incident response Monitoring NIST Risk management +3
401(k) matching Career development Health care Team events
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs