Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Positions Available: 4 - FUOPS COAB (Penetration Testers & Assessors)
Remote Capability: TBD
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret/SCI, Active
Avint is seeking an experienced Penetration Tester to support a Federal Agency contingent award starting June 2022. This position will perform computer network evaluations to include penetration security assessments in a cybersecurity environment and assist in fulfilling the Federal Agency’s mission to ensure security measures and safeguards are in place to thwart threat attacks and prevent unauthorized access.
- Plan, communicate, coordinate and perform penetration tests and security assessments at application, system and enterprise levels.
- Simulate tactics, techniques, and procedures used by advanced cyber threat actors.
- Assist with reconnaissance, threat modeling, vulnerability identification, authorized exploitation, and post-exploitation cleanup.
- Develops automation/scripts for replicating vulnerability validation and penetration tests.
- Documents targets, test plan, scenarios tested, findings, test evidence and recommendations in penetration test report.
- Perform information technology security research to remain current on emerging technology trends and develop exploits for disclosed and undisclosed vulnerabilities.
- Coordinate projects and initiatives within the Vulnerability Management Team.
- Utilize automated and manual testing methods to validate vulnerability testing methods.
- Proactive interest in emerging technologies and techniques related to penetration testing.
Technical Areas of Expertise
- Experience in penetration testing enterprise networks using standard penetration tools such as Metasploit, Nmap, Nessus, Burp Suite, Cobalt Strike, etc.)
- Experience with utilizing penetration testing methodologies.
- Experience with applications, databases, operating systems and network devices.
- Understanding of threat attacks, exploitation and data exfiltration.
- Perform IT security research to remain current on emerging technology trends and develop exploits for disclosed and undisclosed vulnerabilities.
- Experience with SIEM technologies (such as NetWitness, Splunk).
- Experience with packet analysis to include: HTTP Headers & Status codes, SMTP Traffic & Status codes, FTP Traffic & Status Codes.
- RMF Framework and Cybersecurity Framework.
- Knowledge and skill in the use of penetration testing principles, tools, and techniques.
- Skill in conducting vulnerability scans and recognizing vulnerabilities in security systems.
- Skill in using network analysis tools to identify vulnerabilities (e.g., fuzzing, nmap, etc.).
- Skill in conducting application vulnerability assessments.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or technical discipline, or 5-8 years of equivalent work experience in similar roles within the DoD or Federal Government, demonstrating ability working in Vulnerability/Penetration Testing or a related Cyber Security role.
- Security +, or another relevant IAT Level II Certification; IAT Level III: CISA or CISSP required for 2 out of the 4 open positions.
- Malware analysis or digital computer forensics experience is a plus.
Joining Avint is a win-win proposition! You will feel the personal touch of a small business and receive BIG business benefits. From competitive salaries, full health, a unique 401K plan, and generous PTO and Federal Holidays.
Additionally, we encourage every Avint employee to further their professional development. To assist you in achieving your goals, we offer reimbursement for courses, exams, and tuition. Interested in a class, conference, program, or degree? Avint will invest in YOU and your professional development!
Avint is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Other jobs like this
Hardware Penetration TesterAndroid DNS Exploits Linux Penetration testing Risk assessment Security assessments Vulnerabilities Windows
Flex hours Salary bonus
Penetration TesterActive Directory Application security Bash Go IDS IPS Linux MySQL Oracle OSCP +9
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Parental leave +2
GE3 - Jr. Penetration Tester - ClearedExploit Exploits Nessus Nmap Penetration testing Splunk Vulnerabilities
401(k) matching Health care Insurance
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs