First Line Risk (Tech & Information Security Assurance)
London, England, United Kingdom
Starling’s mission is to build a fairer, smarter, and more human alternative to traditional banks.
Since our launch in 2014, we've surpassed 2 million accounts, £5 billion deposits, and we’re just getting started.
Now it’s your turn to join our mission.
We are a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are obsessed with providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
Int his role you can expect to lead the First Line Risk team and support the Chief Information and Information Security Officers to monitor and manage their level of risk. The types of risk will span a wide range from those associated with operational processes, outsourcing, technology, information security, business continuity and similar. The successful candidate will have experience in definition and implementation of risk frameworks and making sensible decisions as a trusted partner to business functional teams.
You will be able to:
- Translate complex terminology and concepts and be able to describe these in an easy to digest form.
- Process and collate data and statistics from Governance, Risk & Compliance systems and information and provide analysis and reporting/visualisation of these.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Risk, Governance & Reporting
- Oversight and maintenance of risks, controls, findings and indicators in the company Risk Management (GRC) tool.
- Define, manage and maintain the first line risk governance framework ensuring this supports and aligns to company risk management policies and framework.
- Provide governance and monitoring to ensure that first line teams are following the risk framework and updating items as appropriate in risk register(s).
- Prepare materials for and hold periodic meetings to ensure risks and adequately registered, appropriately measured, and treatments or action plans suitably address risks in question.
- Support first line assurance in preparation and readiness for audit.
- Provide training on the First Line Risk Management process and establish framework to measure and support compliance to this.
Automation & Continuous Improvement
- Document current processes and identify opportunities to simplify and/or automate.
- Identify and provide recommendations for continued improvement in risk management framework, preparing materials on these for risk committees where appropriate.
- Look at manual processes and partner with technology and information security teams to automate in relation to risk capture and control test.
Risk Management (Assessments, Controls, Treatments)
- Identify inherent risks such as potential for misconduct, segregation of duty, auditability in current processes.
- Partner with technology and information security teams to identify control improvements ensuring consideration for the day to day experience of our technology and information security teams.
- Partner with Second Line risk in review of technology and information security processes.
- Design and define control assessments and collect evidence to ascertain efficacy of controls.
- Advise business, operations and system owners on risk treatment approaches.
- 25 days holiday (plus public holidays)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday, taken a week on either side of the day
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Part-time and/or flexible hours available for most roles
- Hybrid/remote working
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Enhanced sick pay
- Contributory pension scheme
- Varied social groups set up and run by our employees
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a cashback scheme, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, a birthday box and weekly free coffee
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
Full details are available on our careers site
Starling is a leading digital bank on a mission to disrupt the banking industry.
Since our launch in 2014, we've surpassed 2 million accounts, including over 350,000 business accounts. Our total deposits, meanwhile, have topped £5 billion and we have lent over £2bn over the same period. We're a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company. We've won the Best British Bank award four years running, and now employ over 1500 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff & Dublin offices.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.
Other jobs like this
Security Engineer, Detection & ResponseAutomation AWS Bash Blockchain Crypto EDR Exploits Finance Incident response Monitoring +4
Flex hours Gear Pet friendly Snacks / Drinks Team events
Flex hours Gear Pet friendly Snacks / Drinks Team events
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs