Senior DevSecOps Engineer
Berlin, Germany, Seville, Spain, or Remote Europe
We’re powering the continuous economy by building the world’s first end to end system for automated software delivery.
CloudBees is powering the continuous economy by offering the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery management system (SDM). For millions of developers and product teams driving innovation for businesses large or small, SDM builds on continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) to enable all functions and teams within and around the software delivery organization to best work together to amplify value creation.
CloudBees is the continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and application release automation (ARA) powerhouse built from the commercial success of its products and its open source leadership as the largest contributor to Jenkins and a founding member of the Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF). With a globally distributed workforce of more than 500 employees, the company reflects the global nature of the DevOps movement. We believe in walking the talk! From startups with full-stack developers practicing NoOps to large Fortune 100 companies, CloudBees enables all software-driven organizations to intelligently deploy the right capabilities at the right time.
Over 3,500 of the world’s best known brands and over 50% of the Fortune 500, invest in CloudBees because of its ability to work across any cloud, in any development environment and to balance corporate governance and control with developer flexibility and freedom.
The Product Security organization oversees engineering security practices across the entire product organization and therefore the securing of multiple products (both on-prem builds and SaaS). Product Security is multi-faceted with respect to the counterparts it is interacting with: engineering teams, product management, product marketing, legal and external customers; it is at the cross-road of everything we build.
You will be involved in a vast array of endeavors to build our security program, which includes a lot of freedom to define our next steps. Your primary task will be to automate and glue a variety of systems and tools to come up with a state-of-the-art security pipeline. You will also lean on other engineering endeavors for our compliance program, work on the application security pipeline, drive cloud security practices, docker and kubernetes security, vulnerability management, educating our engineering workforce, or harden our software supply chain.
Location / TimeZone: our preferred team member will work in Europe working hours. We fully embrace remote working. We use remote tools extensively, including Slack and Google Docs.
What You’ll Do
- Work on our main vulnerability management application (Python/Django)
- Including its integration to other tools
- Engineer and automate our global product security program
- Define and implement the bulk of our application security pipelines.
- Work on our software supply chain security with product teams.
- Develop or integrate libraries and other building blocks to enable all CloudBees services to operate and handle user data more securely.
- Work closely with the product engineering teams to feed security requirements/features into the design, implementation, and delivery of new services.
- Help raise the profile of security across engineering.
- Educate and evangelize security engineering throughout the organization.
- Re-engineer processes as needed in collaboration with the teams.
What The Role Requires
- Prior experience (5+ years) as a Python/Django developer.
- Prior experience (2+ years) working with Application or Information Security teams.
- Proficiency using CI/CD tools to create and manage automated pipelines (e.g. Jenkins pipelines, or any other of our competition ;-))
- Understanding of the OWASP Top Ten (web, API) security risks and how to mitigate them.
- Passion for automating all the things, while keeping security in mind at all times.
- Experience with Google Cloud and Kubernetes (GKE) a plus.
- Familiarity in working with complex applications with modern best practices (e.g. test driven development, continuous delivery, code reviews, etc.)
- The hacker mentality of doing whatever it takes to figure out and solve a problem.
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.