Principal WW Security GTM Spec, Worldwide Security Solutions Team
US, WA, Virtual Location - Washington
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses. We are passionate about thinking big, innovating on behalf of our customers, and tackling problems at scale. Cloud computing is disrupting industries everywhere, and we are eagerly seeking talented, entrepreneurial-minded individuals to join us as we continue build on the AWS platform. Would you like to own driving the revenue and adoption for AWS Security Services across the Data Protection, Threat Detection, Edge Protection and Privacy domains? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform by engaging with companies building software applications and services? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the cloud computing space?
As a Worldwide GTM Specialist for AWS Security, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s cloud computing platform within the enterprise, SMB, and startup communities. Your responsibilities will include helping to define key market segments to target, driving the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners to establish new business in those markets, and enabling the sales team to drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business opportunity. You’ll also work closely with the product/service teams to help them evolve the products/services and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will have both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Key job responsibilities
- Serve as key member of Worldwide AWS Security Specialist team, helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy for security in the Cloud.
- Help define the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals we target.
- Set a strategic go-to-market plan for target markets and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction.
- Execute the strategic go-to-market plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.)
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Incubate the business pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
- Work closely with the customer base to ensure they are successful using our web services, by making sure they have the technical resources required.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings.
- Develop and evangelize best practices, patterns, and state-of-the-art techniques broadly within the AWS customer base.
- Understand and exploit the use of internal Amazon systems to analyze customer adoption patterns.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 10+ years of experience in a business development, program/product management, or other combined technical/business role.
- Enterprise Security experience (Cloud & Hybrid).
- Threat Detection, data protection, cryptography and data privacy experience required.
- Experience as a technical security practitioner, architect, or decision maker
- Experience selling to Fortune 1000 and/or Global 2000 organizations
- Experience with cloud computing and or related fields (IT, software, etc.)
- Broad background covering privacy and compliance security and core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, etc.
- MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
- Solid negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen
- Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
- Experience with, and detailed knowledge of, the support market and insights related to cloud computing and IT
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key
- Solid negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen
Preference for candidates based in Seattle, WA but open to Arlington, VA. Open to candidates located in AWS office locations including (Arlington, Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Charlotte, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, East Palo Alto, Herndon, Houston, Irvine, Minneapolis, Nashville, New York City, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Sunnyvale, Santa Monica, Seattle, Tempe)
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $176,100 - $207,100/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Other jobs like this
Senior Azure Cloud Security EngineerAnsible Automation AWS Azure CircleCI DevOps Docker Encryption GCP Incident response +9
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +6
Staff Cloud Security Engineer (Remote- North America)Automation AWS Azure CEH CISA Cloudflare FedRAMP GCP ISO 27001 Kubernetes +2
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Parental leave +3
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs