Cyber Security, Co-op (Fall 2022)
Prodigy EducationMake math learning fun and effective with Prodigy Math Game. Free for students, parents and educators. Sign up today!
Prodigy Education is a global leader in game-based learning and is one of the fastest-growing EdTech companies in North America. Our mission is to help every student in the world love learning, motivating millions worldwide via fun, secure and accessible curriculum-aligned gameplay experiences. Visit www.prodigygame.com to learn more.
Our passion is our mission - to help every student in the world love learning!
Please note: During the Covid-19 pandemic, in order to keep all our candidates safe, Prodigy is hiring and on-boarding 100% remotely for the time being.
Hiring For: Fall 2022 (4-8 months) Application Closing Date: Wednesday May 4th @ 11:59pm(EST)
- If you are interested in joining us on this journey to make learning fun and are excited by our "sky's the limit" mentality we'd love to hear from you.
- You will experience every aspect of software development from design to deployment
- You will participate in agile sprint planning, estimation and review processes
- You will work collaboratively within high-performing scrum team to ensure the clarity of business and functional requirements.
Who You Are
- You have a passion for cyber security in order to make an impact
- You are passionate about building amazing products and experiences
- You thrive on collaboration and enjoy working side by side with people from different backgrounds and disciplines
- Collaborate with the security team members and contribute to our ongoing security projects
- Perform and review results from scheduled assessments identifying related risks. Work with other IT teams to identify resolution plans and follow progress to the conclusion.
- Assist in maintaining a library of documented response procedures. Participate in knowledge sharing with other analysts and develop efficient solutions.
- Write technical articles for the internal knowledge base for the security tools
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
Bonus Points For
- Experience with unit testing and testing frameworks
- Knowledge of relational or NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of secure coding practices
- Knowledge of agile best practices or experience working in an agile environment
What We Offer
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- 3 Paid Personal Days
- Gym & Learning Fund
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- While we operate our of a hybrid environment,, our company culture and values remain at the core of everything we do. We are offering a number of remote-friendly activities such as:
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Virtual Team Games
- Competitive Salary
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Education will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Other jobs like this
Senior Cybersecurity EngineerC CEH Clearance Cryptography Cyber defense DoD Elasticsearch Firewall Forensics GCIH +16
401(k) matching Career development Health care Insurance Startup environment +1
Blockchain Security Engineer Intern (Rust/Golang)APT Auditing Blockchain Forensics Go Golang Intrusion detection Malware Penetration testing PhD +4
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +3
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs