Consultant, Cloud Security Assurance - SOC 2 | Remote US
CoalfireCoalfire is the cybersecurity advisor that combines extensive cloud expertise, technology, and innovative approaches to help clients develop scalable programs that improve their security posture and fuel their continued success.
Coalfire is on a mission to make the world a safer place by solving our clients’ toughest cybersecurity challenges. We work at the cutting edge of technology to advise, assess, automate, and ultimately help companies navigate the ever-changing cybersecurity landscape. We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado with offices across the U.S. and U.K., and we support clients around the world.
But that’s not who we are – that’s just what we do.
We are thought leaders, consultants, and cybersecurity experts, but above all else, we are a team of passionate problem-solvers who are hungry to learn, grow, and make a difference.
And we’re growing fast.
We’re looking for a Consultant to support our SOC team.
The Consultant will work as part of a team assessing the security and compliance of client firms against regulatory and industry requirements and standards, and against security best practice frameworks. This role will have a strong understanding of framework requirements, perform audit/assessments, and develop reports for clients. They will work closely with Project Managers, Directors and other Delivery team members to effectively manage project timelines and deliverables. A Security Consultant on the SOC team helps to enhance clients’ security posture and ensure that business and customer data is properly protected. This role will evaluate the design and effectiveness of technology controls throughout the business cycle and will help identify performance improvement opportunities.
What You'll Do
- Conduct audits/assessments including audit plan preparation, review of documentation and evidence, evaluation of procedures, and client interviews.
- Assess client provided documentation for compliance with a variety of standards.
- Prepare and review assessment reports.
- Educate and interpret compliance activities for clients
- Manage priorities and tasks to achieve delivery utilization targets.
- Ensures quality products and services are delivered on time per Coalfire quality standards.
- Continuous professional development in maintaining industry specific certifications. Maintains strong depth of knowledge in the practice area.
- Collaborates with project managers, quality management and/or other delivery team members to drive customer satisfaction and meet project deliverables.
- Establish and maintain positive collaborative relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Identifies upsell and cross sell opportunities and escalates to FedRAMP leadership team
- Evaluate the design and effectiveness of technology controls throughout the business cycle
- Travel 25-50%
What You'll Bring
- 1+ years of experience as an IT Consultant, IT auditor, Business Analyst, or similar role
- General knowledge of Audit procedures and IT security
- Experience and demonstrated ability to independently research a technical topic and develop logical testing approaches
- Strong personal initiative to appropriately manage time and meet deadlines
- Strong Consulting skills; ability to advise and challenge the status quo while building strong relationships
- Ability to build high-trust relationship and credibility quickly
- High attention to detail
- Ability to facilitate meetings to small or large groups
- Diplomatic and broad minded
- At least one information security certification, such as CISSP, CISA, or CIA (or willing to obtain one of these certifications)
- Bachelor's degree (four-year college or university) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (CIS, MIS, IT or related field)
- Expertise in Security Frameworks (ISO, NIST, COBIT, HIPAA/HITECH, etc.) and regulatory requirements
At Coalfire, you’ll find the support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In many cases, we provide a flexible work model that empowers you to choose when and where you’ll work most effectively – whether you’re at home or an office.
Regardless of location, you’ll experience a company that prioritizes connection and wellbeing and be part of a team where people care about each other and our communities. You’ll have opportunities to join employee resource groups, participate in in-person and virtual events, and more. And you’ll enjoy competitive perks and benefits to support you and your family, like flexible time off, certification and training reimbursement, and comprehensive insurance options.
At Coalfire, equal opportunity and pay equity is integral to the way we do business. A reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role is $64,000 to $112,000 based on national salary averages. The actual salary offer to the successful candidate will be based on job-related education, geographic location, training, licensure and certifications and other factors. You may also be eligible to participate in annual incentive, commission, and/or recognition programs.
Other jobs like this
Senior Azure Cloud Security EngineerAnsible Automation AWS Azure CircleCI DevOps Docker Encryption GCP Incident response +9
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +6
Staff Cloud Security Engineer (Remote- North America)Automation AWS Azure CEH CISA Cloudflare FedRAMP GCP ISO 27001 Kubernetes +2
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Parental leave +3
Pivot Point Security
REMOTE-Information Security Consultant (GRC/Audit/ISO 27001)Audits CCPA CEH CISA CISSP FISMA GDPR Governance HIPAA HITRUST +12
401(k) matching Competitive pay Equity Health care
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs