Sr Cybersecurity Analyst (Incident Response)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
phia LLCAt phia, trust us to solve the complex challenges of our connected world through top-tier cyber intelligence & threat hunting. Contact us.
At phia, we hire talented and passionate people who are focused on collaborative, meaningful work, providing technical and operational subject matter expertise and support services to our partners and clients. We are currently seeking a Senior Cybersecurity Analyst with incident response expertise to join us supporting a federal customer. This position is primarily remote, with occasional work at a customer location in Washington, DC.
What You'll Do
- Act as a team lead providing cyber incident response (IR) & analysis services for a complex enterprise with many locations and partner interconnections.
- Leverage a wide range of both network (netflow, packet capture, signature-based alerts, and logs), endpoint (EDR, operating system and application/server logs – across workstation/server/mobile devices) and cloud platform data sources for threat identification, investigation, and response.
- Plan, coordinate, and lead incident response activities, including acting as a technical subject matter expert for all forms of analysis.
- Assist in managing IR engagements and communicating with customers and stakeholders.
- Recommend and implement tactical mitigation actions.
- Formulate strategic recovery recommendations and plans.
- Develop final engagement reports and brief senior officials.
Education + Experience
- Must have 8+ years’ experience in a security operations technical role
- Experience handling and responding to cyber Advanced Persistent Threats (APT) and/or intrusions in the Financial (FIN) sector
- Experienced leading IR efforts and briefing senior leaders
- Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or similar (preferred)
- Must submit a writing sample prior to approval
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Security, or a related field.
One of the following or willingness to achieve upon hire:
- GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED)
- GIAC Defending Advanced Threats (GDAT)
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Other relevant certifications include: GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), GIAC Certified Detection Analyst (GCDA), GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA), and other GIAC certifications focused on security operations, analysis, response and forensics.
- Experience applying MITRE ATT&K and Kill Chain™ frameworks to cyber analysis and incident response methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of security concepts, protocols, processes, architectures, and tools (vulnerabilities, threats and exploitation, authentication & access control technologies, threat intelligence data and sources, intrusion detection/prevention capabilities, network protocols & traffic analysis, SIM & SOAR capabilities, incident handling & response, forensic media capture & analysis, malware analysis, etc).
- Familiarity of cyber policy and privacy issues, and their implications for cyber incident response.
- Familiarity with popular cyber products and services, including understanding of their strengths and limitations.
- Comfort operating across a wide variety of operating systems, virtualization technologies and cloud platforms.
- Some level of proficiency with lightweight programing / scripting for analysis automation.
- Ability to produce results in a fast-paced environment with the ability to meet iterative deadlines.
- This requires U.S. citizenship and eligibility for Public Trust
Who You Are
- A proactive problem solver that appreciates the challenges of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Intellectually curious with a genuine desire to learn and advance your career.
- An effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Customer service oriented and mission focused.
- Critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills.
If your experience and qualifications aren’t a match for this position, you will remain in our database for consideration for future opportunities that may be a better fit.
IMPORTANT: This position is subject to Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring covered employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment. Prospective or new employees who are unable to be vaccinated due to medical reasons or a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation. This request must be approved prior to the start of employment to the extent a reasonable accommodation is available that does not pose an undue hardship on phia or a direct threat to the candidate or phia’s employees.
Who We Are
phia LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, and Information Assurance/Security. we proudly support various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia values work-life balance and offers the following benefits to full-time employees:
- Comprehensive medical insurance to include dental and vision
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
phia does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Other jobs like this
SOC Analyst Tier IIIAuditing Automation AWS CISSP CompTIA DevOps Ethical hacking Forensics Google Cloud Governance +8
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +4
Information Security AnalystAudits C Incident response ISO 27001 Risk management SaaS SOC 2
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation +5
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs