Security Engineer - Architecture, Threat, Crypto, Malware, IAM, Cloud, Endpoint
Leeds / Manchester, England, United Kingdom
ADARMA are seeking a contract Security Engineer to work with our major banking partner on the secure deployment of cutting edge cyber technologies.
The role will sit within the wider security engineering team and will involve working with labs and projects to help deliver secure financial products and services; there will be the opportunity to provide capability across security architecture, security engineering and design, and security consultancy.
The ideal candidate will be able to grasp a deep understanding of a number technologies quickly in order to produce or provide input into the necessary design or solution documents. The role will also involve providing cyber security leadership within projects and labs and working collaboratively with security teams, SMEs, Product Owners, Vendors and Developers to ensure standards are met.
- Experience across a range of IT security principles and associated technologies.
- Significant knowledge of cyber security as it applies to enterprise businesses.
- Demonstrable work experience providing security engineering as part of a secure implementation.
- Exposure to risk or threat assessment techniques.
Technical experience in two or more of the following:
- Cryptographic knowledge including encryption, key exchange, certificate handling and protocols - x509, PKCS12
- Security control frameworks, including ISO27001, and practical experience in their implementation
- Security architecture principles and best practices
- Network security devices
- Endpoint defence solutions
- Exposure to malware infection vectors and defence methods
- Endpoint and server hardening principles
- Web application firewalls, network load balancers, proxy systems
- Network, endpoint and application logging concepts, best practice and monitoring systems including SIEM
- Authentication, authorisation and accounting concepts, best practice and IAM management systems - OTP and MFA
- Active Directory Security including federated solutions using ADFS and SAML
- Exposure to cloud security models including public, private and hybrid
- Application security including web applications and SaaS services
- Data handling principles, protective marking/tagging and data security knowledge
Please note that due to the change to off payroll working / IR35 legislation which is due to be implemented in April 2021, the successful applicant would be expected to engage via an FCSA accredited umbrella company for the duration of this contract.
We are Adarma, one of the largest independent security services companies in the UK. As a business formed and run by veteran senior security leaders, we know security and how to deliver real value in the real world. This is why our clients are successful FTSE 350 organisations from all industry sectors.
See us as your true partner in security. We have the experience, proven track record and industry recognition, to provide best-of-breed services for all our clients. Our team are specialists in Threat Management including SOC design, build & operation. And we always tailor our cybersecurity services to your needs.