Senior Security Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $1 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Senior Security Engineer.What you will work on
- Determine and build out product improvements that benefit our creators and patrons while improving security
- Help to create self-service solutions for engineers and product to drive security best practices at all phases of development
- Perform reviews of services and new architecture for security best practices
- Help triage and determine the severity of bug bounty and vulnerability reports
- Creating repeatable processes - when you have to do something more than once, you automate it!
- A passion for driving change and improving people’s experiences through useable security
- Rapidly prioritizing work based on business need
- Assessing risks and determining the best path forward
- Working in a flexible environment where you can wear many hats
- At least 3 - 5 years on the job experience with security detection engineering and response
- Strong working understanding of backend engineering - Python and JS experience a must
- Understanding of the current threat landscape against SaaS companies
- Experience building out scalable, production ready features
- Experience working cross-functionally with other engineering and product teams
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to learn more about Patreon?