Security Threat Monitoring Analyst
Milano, Milano, IT
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Specialist will work for Security Professional Services team. You should have understanding and experience in SOC Enablement/Operations & SIEM, as well as a good base of security and IT infrastructural knowledge, as this will be the base skills needed for implementing of IBM Security Products.
• Experience in Splunk use and Linux Administration
• Experience in network security management tools, issues, policies, and procedures, particularly as they relate to business practices and guidelines,
• Experience in communication skills, planning and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex projects and timelines simultaneously
• Must be able to technically advise Splunk Administrators (or other SIEM) on proven administrative practices and assist customer with troubleshooting product issues.The specialist should have understanding and experience in one of the core security domains fundamentals
• The specialist should have a good base of security knowledge and IT infrastructural knowledge and good knowledge of threat areas and common attack vectors (malware, phishing, APT, technology attack etc.)
• The candidate must have demonstrated team management skills, the ability to work with a group of peers, be capable of leading a driven team spread across multiple IBM and clients.
• Must be able to respond to our goals and customer needs with a sense of urgency and yet calmly defuse escalations. Complex project management, cross-organization negotiations, and multi-tasking are required on a daily basis.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Experience in Software programming skills: Python, C/C++/Perl and other scripting languages,
• An understanding of contemporary and legacy security technologies used within a particular domain (e.g. Firewalls, IDS, Firewalls, IAM, SIEM)
• Good command of English language (written and spoken)
• CCNA certification
• Security Essentials – SEC401 (optional GSEC certification)
• Continuous Monitoring and Security Operations – SEC511
• Intrusion Detection In Depth – SEC503 (optional GCIA certification)
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely. Join our global team of IBM Security employees in protecting the world, and helping our clients thrive in the face of cyber uncertainty.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: AI C IDS Linux Malware Network security Perl Python SIEM Splunk