Vice President, Threat Intelligence
The VP of Threat Intelligence will play a pivotal role in the future of our company. Our VP of Threat Intelligence will be responsible for providing leadership across various cyber security related functions within SecurityScorecard, managing vulnerability management and threat hunting activities, assisting IT incident response teams with advanced security event management threat correlation, processing information on the latest cyber security events, and working with other technical and company leadership on including advanced cyber security methods into the product and company practices.
- Team player, hustles, agile, get stuff done mentality.
- Conduct research using multiple data sources, evaluates collection, performs analysis and disseminates findings to consumers.Lead the vulnerability management and threat hunting team
- Follow relevant trends surrounding practices involving cyber security analysis
- Drive, in partnership with product management, productionizing data sets to put interesting esoteric signals in UI
- Establish industry cyber leadership and law enforcement relationships
- Communicate key cyber security concepts and findings with IT and company leadership
- Interact daily with the Tech team in support of ongoing threat intelligence analysis and collection plans.
- Develop Global and/or technical expertise on threat actors, attack trends, and attack tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs).
- Collect and analyse information from various sources, including open source reports, information sharing partners, and cyber security vendors.
- Support incident response by providing in-depth analysis of noteworthy incidents and brief leadership on findings
- Provide vulnerability and threat metrics for technical and business leadership stakeholders education
- Hands on, knows how to code.
- Empathizes with understanding customer needs and solving customer pain to create an incredible experience (not just interested in building backend architecture)
- Relentless executor-- highly focused on getting work done (Strategy good, but need someone focused on relentless delivery).
- Good ability to present in front of customers, excellent concise, clear communicator.
- Business savvy and budget conscious-- can get things done on a budget to produce good results.
- Metrics driven, data driven, and results oriented.
- Cybersecurity expertise-- experience with big data a must
- Demonstrated ability to build a tight relationship with Product leader as a partner and tech team
- Ability to conduct individual research on pressing cyber security issues
- Great knowledge in understanding and analyzing threat actor capabilities and methodologies.
Our Company Values
- S: Solution-focused : we value people who come up with solutions, and not just point out problems.
- C : Customer-centric is a crucial value we constantly keep in mind. We ask ourselves in each meeting “how is what we are doing making customer lives better?”
- O : One Scorecard - We value people who have no ego, and want to win as a team.
- R: Resilience - This is a hard road, and not an easy road : you need to cultivate the same resilience in the rest of your team.
- E : Embody Security DNA- The more you learn about cybersecurity, the more you will be able to influence the company. We value people who are passionate about cybersecurity.
SecurityScorecard's SaaS based platform enables enterprises to instantly rate and understand the security risk of companies, non-intrusively and from an outside-in perspective. We use an A-F rating scale. Companies with a C, D or F rating are 5 times more likely to be breached or face compliance penalties than companies with an A or B rating.
Our platform is used by hundreds of customers for use-cases including self monitoring, vendor risk management, cyber insurance, board reporting, and M&A. Headquartered in New York City, we are funded by top investors like Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, NGP, Moody’s, Intel, and others. Our vision is to create a new language for companies and their partners to communicate, understand, and improve each other’s security posture.
SecurityScorecard was founded in 2013 by two former security leaders, Dr. Aleksandr Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh, who were respectively, the CISO and Head of Security and Compliance at a large e-commerce retailer, Gilt Groupe. Dr. Yampolskiy, who has a PhD in cryptography, was also the CTO of BlogTalkRadio/Cinchcast and has held lead technology and security roles at Goldman Sachs, Oracle, and Microsoft. Mr. Kassoumeh also led Global Security at Federal-Mogul and has over ten years of cybersecurity experience. Together they were perplexed at the lack of visibility into risks involved in both their own environment and those who they needed to trust with sensitive information in order to conduct business. They wanted to find a way to see what hackers see.