Cloud Security and Compliance Analyst
Fredericton, New Brunswick, CA
Posted 1 month ago
The global cost of cyber-crime is expected to reach over 2 trillion dollars by 2019. At IBM® Security, our mission is to protect our clients from various attacks including malware, identity thief, fraud etc. IBM® Security delivers an integrated system of analytics, real-time defenses and proven experts, so come make a difference & build a career.
We have an immediate full time opening for a Cloud Security and Compliance Analyst that will be an integral member of a highly experienced Security Intelligence Product Security Team.
This role will work with all IBM QRadar SaaS applications, as well as at the group level to design, build and implement strategic and tactical processes and procedures that deliver the organization’s Information Security and compliance strategy. The role will require working closely with global teams to ensure that their applications are in compliance with IBM SaaS certification programs.
Position location is : Fredericton, New Brunswick.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Performing Risk Assessments for various certification programs (ISO 27001, 27701, FBA, PCI-DSS, etc).
- Work with teams within the business unit for internal and external audits.
- Supporting implementation of security projects within the auditable unit(s).
- Supporting Data Protection program delivery.
- Participate in Business Continuity Process testing, verification, and logging.
- Working with Incident Response teams to classify and remediate issues.
- Communicate progress of incidents through defined business channels.
- Creation and maintenance of offering/group level security policy documents.
- Assessing existing security controls to identify gaps and provide remediation recommendations.
- Supporting Security Awareness Program delivery.
- Responding to security related questions from across the business.
This role may involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English Fluent (verbal and written)
- Degree in Information Security / Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years working in an Information Security role.
- Knowledge of Information Security frameworks (NIST SP 800-53, ISO27001, CIS etc.).
- Experience of cloud security (IBM Cloud would be preferred).
- Working knowledge of privacy principles (i.e. GDPR, CCPA, etc.).
- Proven project delivery skills (i.e. defining scope, project plan and schedule, constraints, risks and managing control) and working with diverse teams.
- Foundation level security course from ISC2, GIAC, EC-Council, ISACA or equivalent.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- CISSP/CISM/CISA/CRISC would be advantageous or evidence to show actively working towards these.
- Some experience of working closely with senior leadership positions would be beneficial.
- Experience of working in an international technology organization.
- Broad knowledge of security vendor landscape.
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely. Join our global team of IBM Security employees in protecting the world, and helping our clients thrive in the face of cyber uncertainty.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
.IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: AI Analytics Audits CISA CISM CISSP GDPR GIAC Incident response ISO 27001 Malware NIST PCI SaaS Strategy