Expert Threat Intelligence Analyst
Washington, DC, Boston, MA, or Remote (US)
Recorded Future, Inc.
Posted 6 months ago
Insikt Group, Recorded Future
Washington, DC, Boston, MA, or Remote (US)
This Role: Recorded Future’s Insikt Group is responsible for all analyst-generated context and insights, as well as analyst-validated data and sourcing, within the Recorded Future platform that reduces client risk. The function of the Expert Researcher is to integrate the risks, threats, and insights derived from Recorded Future’s intelligence research, threat hunting, trend analysis, on-demand reporting, and other work into company planning and strategic decision-making.
Who you’ll work with: Insikt Group is a multifaceted group of subject matter experts specializing in different regions of the world and in cyber threat analysis, supporting a variety of products, services, and initiatives for both internal stakeholders and clients.
What you'll do:
- Serve as an Expert intelligence analyst/researcher and drive self-directed research efforts
- Produce finished intelligence reports addressing priority requirements
- Contribute to ongoing research projects across multiple teams to support major public and private sector clients
- Lead and mentor researchers/analysts within the Insikt Group in analytical tradecraft, APT campaign tracking best practices, and intelligence writing and standards
- Serve as a resource for employees company-wide on Recorded Future intelligence production, sourcing, and reporting
- Aid in the crafting of strategic research priorities for Insikt Group
- Engage with external information security and security research communities (attending and speaking at conferences, podcasts, social media, etc.)
- Represent Recorded Future in media engagements
What you'll bring (required):
- 10+ years experience as a threat intelligence analyst or equivalent experience investigating nation-state originated network intrusion activity
- MA/MS degree or equivalent experience in Security Studies, Intelligence Studies, International Relations, Political Science, Computer Science, or a related discipline
- Broad and in-depth subject-matter knowledge of nation-state linked APT groups (in particular those tied to China, Russia, Iran, and North Korea), with an emphasis on differences in Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures
- Deep knowledge of the global geopolitical landscape and how it impacts the behavior of APT groups
- Interest in and experience researching online disinformation and misinformation campaigns tied to nation-state objectives
- Demonstrably strong writing skills; ability to convey complex technical and non-technical concepts
- A thorough understanding of the intelligence cycle
- Deep knowledge of analytic tradecraft, intelligence analysis and writing techniques and methodologies, critical thinking skills, and open source intelligence gathering techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills with propensity towards humility and teamwork
- Ability to effectively communicate with and work as part of a globally distributed team
Desirable Additional Skills / Experience (not required):
- Professional fluency or greater in a target foreign language (emphasis on reading ability). Preference for Chinese (Mandarin/Cantonese), Korean, Russian, Farsi, and/or Arabic.
- Significant experience living, working, or studying abroad in regions of interest (Asia, Middle East, Eastern Europe)
- Intrusion, network, or malware analysis skills and familiarity with associated toolkits such as IDA Pro, Ghidra, Hex-Rays, OllyDbg, x64dbg, Wireshark, YARA, and/or Snort
- Experience with or knowledge of scripting languages (ex. Python) to automate workflows or tasks
Why should you join Recorded Future?
There’s a reason why over 90% of Fortune 100 Companies rely on us for their threat intelligence needs: our patented web intelligence engine has the ability to unlock insights that radically improve cyber threat visibility for our clients. Our dedication to empowering clients with intelligence to reduce risk has earned us a 4.7-star user rating from Gartner.
If you’re full of passion, ambition, and dedication you may be well on your way to becoming a Futurist. From over 35 nationalities, our Futurists are the perfect recipe of humility, accountability, and collaborative attitudes to put our team at the front line of securing the internet. If you want to be a part of this awesome team, apply today!
Want more info?
Blog & Podcast: Learn everything you want to know (and maybe some things you’d rather not know) about the world of cyber threat intelligence
Timeline: History of Recorded Future
Recorded Future will not discharge, discipline or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
Recorded Future is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Recorded Future does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.