i3 Threat Analyst
Remote (Australia/New Zealand)
Posted 6 months ago
RiskIQ is the world leader in Attack Surface Management, providing the most comprehensive discovery, intelligence, and mitigation of threats associated with an organization’s digital presence. With more than 80 percent of attacks originating outside the firewall, RiskIQ allows enterprises to gain unified insight and control over web, social, and mobile exposures. Trusted by thousands of security analysts, RiskIQ’s platform combines advanced internet data reconnaissance and analytics to expedite investigations, understand digital attack surfaces, assess risk, and take action to protect business, brand, and customers. Based in San Francisco, the company is backed by Summit Partners, Battery Ventures, Georgian Partners, and MassMutual Ventures.
We are looking for an i3 Threat Analyst to join our team on a consultancy basis. This position is based remotely in Australia or New Zealand.
About the i3 Program:
The Incident Investigation and Intelligence (i3) Program within RiskIQ is built to provide services to all clients who utilize the RiskIQ platform suite, but specifically to use RiskIQ technology and data to provide analytic solutions for our clients who need support for their attack surface management strategy. Fundamentally, i3 provides actionable intelligence used to protect C-Suite and high net worth individuals from physical threats, exposures of Personally Identifiable Information (PII), and instances of social media account impersonation thereby safeguarding the individual, their reputation, family, and by extension, their company through the Executive Guardian platform. i3 also utilizes the External Threats platform to manage threats on behalf of our clients who come under assault from phishing, domain infringement, brand impersonation, and data leakage to name a few.
The i3 Threat Intelligence Analyst is a mid-level analytic role that will capitalize on an existing technical skillset to build and maintain complex technical logic to identify online threats to clients, manage client threat events, and take the appropriate action to suppress harmful content on the internet in order to protect our clients, their people, and their assets. i3 Threat Intelligence Analysts will also perform threat attribution research for the purposes of providing clients with finished and actionable intelligence products relevant to the safety and security of clients, their assets and operations.
The i3 Threat Intelligence Analyst is technically proficient, proactive, and is business-minded using both available open source and proprietary data sets to confidently support attribution of virtual threat actors with their actions. This role is on a consultancy basis but may convert to an FTE opportunity at a later date.
- Configuration of technical details in the RiskIQ platform to identify sensitive data on the web for clients, including proprietary data and Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Manage client workspaces to identify and mitigate threats such as phishing, domain infringement, brand infringement, social media impersonations, and mobile app fraudulent activity
- Work with i3 colleagues and leadership to design solutions to improve collection within the External Threats platform to improve the client experience
- Respond to requests for customer support and escalate to Engineering as appropriate
- Review and appropriately escalate detections based on the urgency of the discovered data/threat
- Monitor the RiskIQ platform and alert/support senior staff to conduct security/threat investigations into threat actors and their activities world-wide, using industry tools and proprietary information
- Assist in the production of threat analysis for dissemination to consumers on the safety and security of clients, assets and operations, including impact assessment and mitigation recommendations
- Identify opportunities to predict and prevent future security issues and/or incidents
- Collaborate with client security teams digitally, via phone, or at times, in person to constantly improve analytic standards, workflows, and success metrics and develop/improve analytic products as appropriate
- Collaborate with RiskIQ Legal and Engineering teams to ensure appropriate mitigation of identified risks
- Work with sensitive and confidential information and maintain highest standards of data protection to ensure client confidentiality
- Support the production of finished threat analysis for dissemination to consumers on the safety and security of clients, assets and operations, including impact assessment and mitigation recommendations
- Collaborate with senior i3 team members to constantly improve analytic standards, workflows, and success metrics and develop/improve analytic products as appropriate
- Bachelor's degree required
- Familiarization with social media with exceptional research skills
- Previous experience with anti-phishing and online fraud identification and remediation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively interface with and communicate with clients
- Experience managing multiple projects, and the ability to flex quickly as required by evolving corporate priorities
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Basic understanding of investigative analysis, and communicating findings to consumers
- Approximately 5-10% global travel required
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen or New Zealand citizen
Why work at RiskIQ?
- Fascinating work - Welcome to the dark underbelly of the Internet. We detect, expose, and investigate malware, exploit kits, botnets, affiliate fraud, advertising fraud, and illicit mobile apps, and much more. It is the golden age of internet crime, and we are at the forefront of defensive efforts to stem the tide. Internet security is a global growth industry, and the knowledge you acquire here will be a marketable skill for decades to come.
- We’re a company on the forefront of a burgeoning industry - We've recently celebrated several new milestones headlined by 80% year-over-year growth revenue growth, the closing of $30.5 million in Series C funding, and recognition by Forrester in its Forrester Wave™: Digital Risk Monitoring, Q3 2016 report, which named RiskIQ a leader.
- Top Leadership - Our CEO is a renown cybersecurity veteran known for his expertise. Our leadership group is poised and experienced with a track record in technology and cyber security.
- Unbounded opportunity - We are small, but we’re growing. At RiskIQ, you’ll be provided with as much responsibility as you can handle—new career development opportunities constantly arise given our rate of growth Want to design a new data center from the ground up? Architect a big data backend to increase our storage and analysis capabilities? These challenges are yours for the taking if you prove you're capable.
- Flexibility - You’ll have a large workload, but also the freedom to accomplish it on your own terms. RiskIQ has unlimited PTO and flexible hours.