Cloud Security Engineer
Posted 2 months ago
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in Boston, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
About the team you will be on…
Our cloud engineering team utilizes a variety of programming languages and technologies to tackle many interesting architecture and scalability challenges. Although we run PHP & MySQL at a massive scale for our Drupal customers, on the backend we’re building scalable systems, automation and stack enhancements in everything from Ruby to Go, and storing data in everything from MySQL to DynamoDB.
We are seeking passionate application security engineers with a strong security mindset who are willing to take the initiative to tackle important problems across multiple products at Acquia, with a focus on our cloud hosting platform.
As the Application Security Engineer, you will…
- Be a Security Champion in an agile SecOps team owning and operating the services you build
- Design and develop tools that automatically deploy, maintain, and monitor LAMP-based hosting environments
- Research, specify, and test cloud hosting architectures leveraging your web, database, and OS knowledge
- Debug the toughest distributed systems production issues
You’ll enjoy this role if you have…
- Passion for websites and website delivery architecture
- Holistic understanding of the Internet and hosting from the network layer up through the application layer.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work effectively across multiple teams and drive results
What you’ll need to be successful…
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong software development and technical leadership skills
- Working knowledge of LAMP stack--OS, web server, and database systems (Linux, Apache, and MySQL preferred)
- Object Oriented Programming experience with a scripting language such as Ruby, Python, PHP, etc.
- Networking (e.g., TCP/IP, Routing, DNS, load balancing, HTTP caching, clustering, VPN, etc.)
Extra credit if you have…
- Languages: Go, RUST, Java
- Experience with threat modeling, especially for web application and web APIs
- Cloud security experience (VPC, IAM, Security Groups, CloudTrail, etc.)
- Web and web API Development (e.g., Drupal, Symfony2, ruby applications like Sinatra)
- Configuration management (e.g., Puppet, Ansible, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Containerization: Docker, LXC, etc.
- Linux packages (e.g., Debian or RPM packages); RHEL and Ubuntu experience
- Automated testing experience--Jenkins, TravisCI, unit tests, system tests, etc.
- Kubernetes: Hands-on, working experience securing K8s deployments according to “hard multi-tenancy” guidelines and methods.
We are committed to continually strengthening our people-first culture within our Acquia family. Acquia is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Our highly motivated team features individuals from a multitude of backgrounds who offer their unique perspectives, starting with their first project as a new hire to their 100th as a manager and beyond. For every step in between, we help Acquians grow by promoting a culture of continuous learning through mentorship, knowledge-sharing, feedback, and more.
Thank you for considering Acquia for your next career move, and we look forward to receiving your application. There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate. So, we’re not looking for someone who matches all of our criteria; we’re looking for someone with the potential to grow outward and upward. Regardless of how much of the criteria you meet, you should apply!
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.