Cloud Security Engineer
Posted 2 months ago
Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 350 people from 70 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Contentful strives to build a secure and safe service and commits considerable effort and resources on security.
As an Infrastructure Security Engineer at Contentful, you will be part of the Engineering team responsible for securing our production environment. This position focuses on the security of our cloud environment, working closely with Infrastructure teams and Product teams to design and engineer infrastructure security features in the platform.
- Improve our denial of service capabilities,
- Build and maintain web application firewalls in scale,
- Harden infrastructure components in AWS,
- Configure logging pipeline to improve security monitoring and alerting.
- You are passionate about servers and networks,
- You are able to explain in detail all vulnerability types in the OWASP Top Ten,
- You enjoy working with and teaching others. You see security as an enabler instead of a blocker. We are part of a bigger infrastructure team and we work together to deliver a secure platform to all customers worldwide,
- You communicate well in English and you know how to cultivate empathy and openness towards people from all over the globe.
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team.
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!