Cyber Threat Hunter - SIEM
Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
Posted 2 months ago
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who you are:
As a Cyber Threat Hunter, you will be responsible for participating in threat actor based investigations, creating new detection methodologies, and providing expert support to incident response and monitoring functions. The focus of the Threat Hunter is to detect, disrupt and the eradication of threat actors from enterprise networks. To execute this mission, the Threat Hunter will use data analysis, threat intelligence, and cutting-edge security technologies. You will also directly support the Security Operations Center by applying analytic and technical skills to investigate intrusions, identify malicious activity and potential insider threats, and perform incident response.
What you’ll do:
• General SIEM monitoring, analysis, content development, and maintenance.
• Research, analysis, and response for alerts; including log retrieval and documentation.
• Conduct analysis of network traffic and host activity across a wide array of technologies and platforms.
• Assist in incident response activities such as host triage and retrieval, malware analysis, remote system analysis, end-user interviews, and remediation efforts.
• Compile detailed investigation and analysis reports for internal SOC consumption and delivery to management.
• Track threat actors and associated tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs).
• Capture intelligence on threat actor TTPs and develop countermeasures in response to threat actors.
• Analyze network traffic, IDS/IPS/DLP events, packet capture, and FW logs.
• Analyze malicious campaigns and evaluate effectiveness of security technologies.
• Develop advanced queries and alerts to detect adversary actions.
• Coordinate threat hunting activities across the network leveraging intelligence from multiple internal and external sources, as well as cutting- edge security technologies.
• Assist in the design, evaluation, and implementation of new security technologies.
• Lead response and investigation efforts into advanced/targeted attacks.
• Hunt for and identify threat actor groups and their techniques, tools and processes.
• Provide expert analytic investigative support of large scale and complex security incidents.
• Perform Root Cause Analysis of security incidents for further enhancement of alert catalog.
• Continuously improve processes for use across multiple detection sets for more efficient Security Operations.
• Review alerts generated by detection infrastructure for false positive alerts and modify alerts as needed.
• Develop dashboards and reports to identify potential threats, suspicious/anomalous activity, malware, etc.
• Provide analysis of network packet captures, DNS, proxy, Netflow, malware, host-based security and application logs, as well as logs from various types of security sensors.
How we’ll help you grow:
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses to become the expert you want to be.
- You’ll learn directly from Senior members/leaders in this field.
- You'll have the opportunity to work with multiple clients.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of relevant cyber security experience in IT Security, Incident Response or network security with strong knowledge working in a Security Operations Center.
- Experience with risk management, vulnerability management, threat analysis, security auditing, security monitoring, incident response and other information security practices preferred
- Strong analytical and investigation skills & active threat hunting and adversary tracking.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with information technology professionals as well as senior management and auditors, assessors, and consultants
- High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and exude the appropriate level of judgment and maturity
- Working knowledge of root causes of malware infections and proactive mitigation.
- Working knowledge of lateral movement, footholds, and data exfiltration techniques
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Masters Computer Science or equivalent degree is preferred
- Knowledge of the underlying logic that security alerts are built upon and apply them when analyzing raw logs and creating new dashboards and alerts.
- Recognize complex problems, analyze situations and provide suggested/implemented resolution(s)
- Experience and knowledge of packet flow, TCP/UDP traffic, firewall technologies, IDS technologies, proxy technologies, and antivirus, spam and spyware solutions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the team and act as a resource to the team members.
- Perform memory analysis and malware analysis
- Experience with computer exploitation methodologies
About Business Unit
IBM Cloud Computing is a one-stop shop which provides all the cloud solutions & cloud tools the industries need. IBM Cloud portfolio includes infrastructure as a service (IaaS), software as a service (SaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS) offered through public, private and hybrid cloud delivery models, in addition to the components that make up those clouds.
IBM Cloud ensures seamless integration into public and private cloud environments. The infrastructure is secure, scalable, and flexible, providing customized enterprise solutions that have made IBM Cloud the Hybrid Cloud Market leader with our market leading IAAS and PAAS Platforms. The IBM Cloud platform is the public cloud offering from IBM providing services to global enterprises. IBM Cloud is the Cloud for Smarter Business, built on Open Technology with Developer Tools and supports solutions by Industry. We run the services and workloads from Watson, Blockchain, Services, Security, and IoT.
Ready to help drive IBM's success in the Cloud market? This is your chance to research and learn new Cloud related technology products and services, as well as to design and implement quick Cloud based prototypes while advancing your career in leading edge technology.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.