Concierge Security Engineer
Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Arctic Wolf Networks
Posted 1 week ago
Arctic Wolf is looking for a Concierge Security Engineer (CSE) to join our pack.
Founded in 2012, Arctic Wolf is a well-funded security operations center (SOC)-as-a-service start-up with a renowned leadership team and remarkable growth rate. In fact, Arctic Wolf was #25 on the Deloitte Fast Technology 500 for North America in 2019!
The team at Arctic Wolf takes pride in delivering personal, predictable protection from cybersecurity threats to the customers we serve across industries and geographies. As a new wolf, you’ll join the brightest minds in the industry and your unique skills will drive ambitious outcomes whether you support our security intelligence solutions, partnerships, or the Arctic Wolf customer or employee experience.
About the Role:
As part of the Security Services team, the Concierge Security Engineer is a role that combines aspects of an IT Security Analyst, Security Architect, Incident Response Consultant, a Security Sales Engineer, and Technical Support. The CSE will be responsible for implementing, overseeing, managing, and supporting the network security infrastructure for multiple enterprises by leveraging Arctic Wolf’s cloud infrastructure and their expertise in a wide variety of fields. The CSE works in a team along with an assigned Concierge Security Analyst and Customer Success Managers.
Arctic Wolf CSEs develop strong working relationships with our customers and feel ownership over their security posture.
- Creating and maintaining a partnership with our customers
- Analyze log and system data
- Interact with, and manage, internal and external stakeholders
- Communicate, educate, and share information with non-technical people
- Help our customers diagnose problems as well as support specific customer requests
- Primary technical point of contact for our customers
- Champion for our customers within the Arctic Wolf Team
- Mentoring junior analysts with their technical and soft skills
Arctic Wolf is a fast-growing company, and all CSE candidates should expect to work with many teams within Arctic Wolf, including engineering, operations, sales, marketing, and executive management. A positive can-do attitude is a must. A willingness to learn and continuous self-improvement is critical. An ability to deal with uncertainty is a positive.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years in Information Security, Network Security, or Cyber Security
- 3+ years additionally as a Network Admin, System Admin, Cloud Admin, or similar is strongly preferred
- Have a detailed understanding of Enterprise IT Security, including: Firewalls, Intrusion Detection, Antivirus, Content Filtering, and Proxies
- Have an understanding of Enterprise IT Operations, including: Networking, Active Directory, LDAP, Windows Server, and Cloud Infrastructures
- Analyze log and system data from the above list and other IT systems
- Know how to use one or more scripting tools and languages such as Python, Bash, and Power Shell
- Great writing and speaking skills
- Excellent relationship building skills in a professional context
- A positive “can-do” attitude
- A willingness to learn and continuous self-improvement
- There are no specific degree or certification requirements but degrees in engineering or technology are a plus. Any security or IT certification such as CISSP is also positive.
Each successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal background check and an employment verification as a condition of employment.
Additional skills and experience:
- Security forensics
- Malware analysis
- Threat containment
- Firewall and IDS provisioning
- Proxy and content filtering provisioning
- Authentication and identify management
- Risk and vulnerability Assessment
- Network and security Auditing
- Network troubleshooting
- Penetration testing
- Attack simulation
- PowerPoint presentation skills
At Arctic Wolf, we recognize that success comes from delighting our customers. We believe in being lean – in constantly building, measuring, and learning in all aspects of our business. We truly value people. All wolves are welcome to join the Arctic Wolf pack, with compelling compensation packages, benefits, and equity for employees.
Arctic Wolf is focused on building a workforce that is diverse and inclusive. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. We review all applications.
Arctic Wolf is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Arctic Wolf is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful and inclusive environment ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. As such, we strive to make our recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible and provide accommodations as required for applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any accommodations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.