Threat Management Analyst
Posted 1 week ago
XOR Security is currently seeking talented Threat Management Analyst for an exciting position supporting one of our premier clients. Our project is aimed at establishing cutting-edge techniques for network defense, identifying threats and detecting malicious activity using advanced toolsets.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience as a SOC analyst performing Incident Response and Intrusion Detection on an operational Federal network. The candidate will Monitor and analyze network traffic, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), security events and logs and provide a technical resource and escalation point for tier 1 analysts. The candidate will perform incident response to investigate and resolve security incidents. The candidate will need to be able to determine between false and true positives events, prioritizing them appropriately and see them through from end to end. Additionally, the candidate will perform or review root cause analysis efforts following incident recovery. The candidate will compose security alert notifications and other communications on behalf of the SOC.
In addition, the candidate will need to stay up to date with current vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures. The candidate will Develop follow-up action plans to resolve reportable issues and communicate with the other technologists to address security threats and incidents. Also, the candidate will Regularly develop new use cases for automation and tuning of security tools. The candidate will Define and create privacy and security reportable issues metrics and reports. The candidate will need to contribute to security strategy and security posture by identifying security gaps, evaluate and implement enhancements. The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical expertise of log and monitoring management systems, security event monitoring systems, network-based and host-based intrusion detection systems, firewall technologies, malware detection and enterprise-level antivirus solutions/systems, VPN technologies and encryptions standards
Washington D.C., USA
Skills and Qualifications:
- Conducts vulnerability assessments, evaluates scan results, compares against known threats, and recommends remediation
- Responsible for identifying data related to a Computer Incident.
- Reviews artifacts from an incident, determines root cause and supporting artifacts. Uses chain of evidence handling to maintain data documenting the incident. Experience with Nessus scanning; WebInspect scanning; web app security; using Splunk dashboards; cyber threat intelligence; open source intelligence - cyber related
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college and 5+ years experience in the field of cyber security with demonstrated experience in protecting information; monitoring systems and network events; detecting security attacks and breaches; coordinating responses to security incidents; and reporting vulnerabilities.
- Understanding of command line scripting and implementation (e.g., Python, Powershell)
- Ability to write new content/searches/scripts (e.g., Splunk dashboards, Splunk ES alerts, SNORT signatures, Python scripts, Powershell scripts)
- Familiarity with Splunk Enterprise Security
- Strong understanding of networking (TCP Flags, TCP Handshake, IP addressing, Firewalls, Proxy, IDS, IPS)
- Ability to perform Netflow / packet capture (PCAP) analysis
- Experience with cyber threat hunting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent experience
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE REQUIRED.