Information Security Engineer (EMEA)
London or Dublin
Posted 8 months ago
MongoDB is seeking a passionate and experienced Security Engineer to help expand MongoDB’s Information Security Program and assist in general Information Security needs, including Secure Architecture, Risk Reviews and Execution in ensuring our systems and services are operating in accordance with best practices.
The MongoDB Security Team is responsible for the Information Security Program for MongoDB Inc; helping to reduce risk in our systems, company and to help establish trust in our product offerings and cloud services. Our customers are both our internal MongoDB employees and our external customers.
This is an exciting chance to be part of a dynamic and innovative team with a lot of opportunities to grow. MongoDB prides itself on offering careers rather than jobs.
MongoDB is looking for an experienced professional for our security team. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years+ of experience in Information/Cyber Security.
Candidates for this role should be fluent in a variety of information security tools, including Cloud-based technologies. Ideal candidates will also have experience in application architecture design, reviews and threat modelling. Candidates should also have experience in vulnerability management and secure development processes.
Additionally, this role requires strong ability to multitask as well as solid communication skills.
The right candidate for this role will have:
- Minimum 3 years hands-on experience in cyber security
- Demonstrated success completing complex projects in previous roles
- Be familiar with different Cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, GSuite)
- Strong experience with application architecture reviews
- Experience with vulnerability management tools and processes
- Be Fluent in variety of security technologies
- Have a background in threat modeling and advocating for technical changes to exceed customer expectations, including delivering reports to upper management
- Experience working with technical teams on finding elegant solutions to complex problems, managing them to resolution and release
- A good grasp of current threat intelligence and modern attacker exploits
- Understanding of networking protocols
- Experience interfacing with technical and non-technical teams
- Rapidly understand and assess new technologies
- Ability to work with geographically distributed teams and multitasking are essential
- Educate Engineers and Product teams on the important of Application Security and Vulnerability Management
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and architectures
- Willingness to learn new technologies and adapt to a modern, fast-paced organization
- Work Cross functionally with multiple teams on establishing new processes and improving existing
- Ability to create documentation when needed as well as defend and execute on findings
- Review compliance and regulatory requirements (e.g., FedRAMP, PCI DSS, etc), and assist in accomplishing required tasks to ensure the D&R program is in compliance.
The Information Security Engineer will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic tasks:
- People: Collaborate to secure our products with fellow engineers in various departments
- Organization: Ability to manage multiple parallel efforts and utilise risk-based approach for prioritization
- Communication: Successfully communicate your recommendations and rationale to both technical and semi-technical resources.
- Research: Research modern approaches to security problems, offensive and defensive processes, tooling and techniques.
- Creative: Find creative yet simple solutions to complex problems with technical requirements.
This is an important role to help scale out the Information Security Program for a recently Public breakthrough company that is disrupting a $45B market. This position has significant growth potential and we’re looking for someone who is excited to take initiative and help secure our company. This position is based out of our MongoDB’s London or Dublin offices.
This position will report directly to the Director of Security EMEA.